DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The 'No More RAFO' Thread--Existing Questions

Luckers

I would definitely like to know more about Boa the Wyle and the Sharan prophecies pertaining to him:

Different cultures have different names for The Dragon Reborn such as Car'a'Carn and Coramor.  Could it be that Boa the Wyle is the Sharan name for TDR and Demandred truly usurped Rands position in that land?

Is it a completely different prophecy of the Sharans that Demandred took advantage of?

Did the Sharans actually have prophecies pertaining to the coming of Demandred?

It's a prophecy about Rand, but a post-Last Battle Rand.

What we heard was that the Wyld could weave without weaves. Rand does this in lighting his pipe at the end. He's also owned by the land and only the land (I may have phrased that wrong), and that seems to be the attitude Rand is taking now, wandering where he will, doing what he pleases. The Wyld is also called "Dragonslayer." In a way, Rand did slay the Dragon with the body-swap and going into hiding. Rand is the Wyld. Demandred usurped those prophecies for his own purpose.

Those are good points. I never thought of that. So it seems Rand post Last Battle will play an important role in Shara. Which I suppose makes sense since he wanted to see the world and the only place he hasn't gone is Shara.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think her getting taken was just meant to be one more victory for the Light albeit not one they'd know about, and that we're all just over thinking it haha.

The Seanchan probably don't really care about the agreement much anyway, and certainly wouldn't let her go when they find out who she is.

Assuming they find out, that is. Mogheiden already got experience with the a'dam (and lying through it) and would do everything to avoid spilling the beans on *that* secret. They don't even know if she's a Dreadlord or say, Kin/Wilder. Explaining the mindtrap in a way that doesn't implicate herself in anything bad, while keeping it from being shattered seem like the bigger problem but hey, that thing could work in her favour. Mogheiden is arrogant and unlucky, but not stupid (well, relatively- this is WoT after all). Actually escaping would be another matter, but she got a couple of hundred years to do it in, even if the Seanchan don't just end up reforming.

Seems more like a possible hook for the Not-to-Be Outriggers in Seanchanland. I'm thinking of The Silver Spike if anyone here have read Glen Cooks Black Company books, where of a certain powerful baddy who escaped death during the main series shows up to be a big antagonist.

Unless her fate wasn't specified at all and Sanderson came up with her ending as "fitting" for the character, but not like it matters when we won't be getting any outriggers.

That 5) seems unlikely. The other answers, fine, but plenty of others in the wolf dream have "not wanted to be seen" but still were. What I REALLY don't get though is... why CAN'T they help in that world? It's not the real world, and I'm not saying they should just go assassinate Moridin or something, but surely one of them could've helped Perrin out at some point.

On another note, what was Birgitte's "punishment" for not following those rules? And no, being ripped out of the dream doesn't count, since Moggy did that.

I think birgitte had to earn her hero status back. She went to the dreamworld several times and she could have asked other heroes to help with their dream battles. but she didn't which might mean that she can no longer go to the magical horn of valere staff room cause she's no longer a hero.

Did the Tinkers find their song?

Even RJ stated it's impossible.

Absolutely. The Third and Fourth Ages simply do not have the proper instruments to play "Gangnam Style".

they should just be thankful they still have a lot of things to sing about and not just Friday. They won't go Battish crazy to beg the creator to call them maybe and finally teach them that missing song.

Those are good points. I never thought of that. So it seems Rand post Last Battle will play an important role in Shara. Which I suppose makes sense since he wanted to see the world and the only place he hasn't gone is Shara.

I don't think so. The Sharans already got their Wyld, even if it was a fake one, they won't accept Rand. Also, their role is done and their army mostly destroyed, and I don't think Rand cares that much about "helping" them anyway. He's is a "I just wanna be normal" phase.

Assuming they find out, that is. Mogheiden already got experience with the a'dam (and lying through it) and would do everything to avoid spilling the beans on *that* secret. They don't even know if she's a Dreadlord or say, Kin/Wilder. Explaining the mindtrap in a way that doesn't implicate herself in anything bad, while keeping it from being shattered seem like the bigger problem but hey, that thing could work in her favour. Mogheiden is arrogant and unlucky, but not stupid (well, relatively- this is WoT after all). Actually escaping would be another matter, but she got a couple of hundred years to do it in, even if the Seanchan don't just end up reforming.

Seems more like a possible hook for the Not-to-Be Outriggers in Seanchanland. I'm thinking of The Silver Spike if anyone here have read Glen Cooks Black Company books, where of a certain powerful baddy who escaped death during the main series shows up to be a big antagonist.

Unless her fate wasn't specified at all and Sanderson came up with her ending as "fitting" for the character, but not like it matters when we won't be getting any outriggers.

Y'know, I think she might spill the beans. First, there's the cour'sova. As per Egwene's POV in Great Hunt, damane's belongings are burned. Moghedien will throw a fit as soon as someone comes too near to hers, and she might say more than she meant. Second, she might let it slip that she "knows things", more things than a regular channeler, in hope to get some small measure of influence. 

I'm totally still hoping in the outriggers, somehow. I'm young, I can wait decades. There's just so much in that story arc left unsaid.

Did the Tinkers find their song?

Even RJ stated it's impossible.

Absolutely. The Third and Fourth Ages simply do not have the proper instruments to play "Gangnam Style".

aaand, this totally made my day.

Y'know, I think she might spill the beans. First, there's the cour'sova. As per Egwene's POV in Great Hunt, damane's belongings are burned. Moghedien will throw a fit as soon as someone comes too near to hers, and she might say more than she meant. Second, she might let it slip that she "knows things", more things than a regular channeler, in hope to get some small measure of influence. 

I'm totally still hoping in the outriggers, somehow. I'm young, I can wait decades. There's just so much in that story arc left unsaid.

It's not like there's a glut of proper bad guys left for the OutriggersThatWontHappenEver; so whether Mogheiden ends up playing the role of the permanent Damane / [removed] by broken Cour'sova / The Spectacular Spider-Damane Manipulator or Escapes to cause some havoc would be up to any Outrigger story needs.

Personally, Mogheiden would be more fun/interesting, out of a story sense, as somewhat her old role, either as manipulator or free to shake up some events. There's always Elaida around if you really need to showcase a broken ~Bad Guy~ and creepy Seanchanisms.

Besides, she needs to write "Investment Advice in the Fourth Age: How to Make 10%+ return on Steam-wagons, by Mogheiden the Immortal" (causing the economic crash that brings about the 5th Age), truly a terrifying villain :wink:

How did Rand just walk up and find the little man angreal?  Didn't Taim and all of his men look in depth after DW?  It seems pretty weak Rand was able to find it after it was gone for five books, and it ended up being on the ground the entire time...

It's not like there's a glut of proper bad guys left for the OutriggersThatWontHappenEver; so whether Mogheiden ends up playing the role of the permanent Damane / [removed] by broken Cour'sova / The Spectacular Spider-Damane Manipulator or Escapes to cause some havoc would be up to any Outrigger story needs.

Personally, Mogheiden would be more fun/interesting, out of a story sense, as somewhat her old role, either as manipulator or free to shake up some events. There's always Elaida around if you really need to showcase a broken ~Bad Guy~ and creepy Seanchanisms.

Besides, she needs to write "Investment Advice in the Fourth Age: How to Make 10%+ return on Steam-wagons, by Mogheiden the Immortal" (causing the economic crash that brings about the 5th Age), truly a terrifying villain :wink:

she's kinda like the Terminator. You know, the first movie, when they shoot him and burn him and shear off half his body and he still won't die. Go Moggy!

sorry if this was already asked/answered, 

Does anybody know which parts were Brandon's and which parts were Robert's?

Thank you.

so far, we don't. we know that mostle of the last battle was written by RJ, and the ending too I think, but that's all. 

and, honestly, i think people should stop asking that question - if you can't see the difference, well, that's the point. 

Why didn't Taim destroy the seals early on while the Light forces were still getting their acts together? It would have been nice to see him think of this reason during his PoV.

I seem to recall a dark prophesy saying something along the lines of "a fool weeping through the ruined streets of a city'. I thought perhaps this would be Matt after he learned Verin's letter could have prevented trollocs from entering and destroying the city, yet this didn't happen. Does anyone else recall this dark prophesy and know if it was fulfilled or not?

Do Turned channelers remain Turned after the Bore is sealed?

I liked the book, but after waiting 20+ years for an ending it would have been nice to have a longer epilogue detailing some of people's questions. I'm not saying there should be no unanswered questions, just more details about post-Bore-sealing life.

Oh, and this is minor but I found a part in the MoL where Pevara blatantly lied. Tried to go back and find the page number but couldn't- somewhere early in the book.

Also, what was up with the Jur Grady seeing the same towns people who had been killed in an earlier battle coming out the gateway?

They are from Hinderstap.

is that the town where people would die and come back to life again? AAAAHHHHH thanks so much, i was REALLY confused with this scene. 

I would definitely like to know more about Boa the Wyle and the Sharan prophecies pertaining to him:

Different cultures have different names for The Dragon Reborn such as Car'a'Carn and Coramor.  Could it be that Boa the Wyle is the Sharan name for TDR and Demandred truly usurped Rands position in that land?

Is it a completely different prophecy of the Sharans that Demandred took advantage of?

What we heard was that the Wyld could weave without weaves. Rand does this in lighting his pipe at the end. He's also owned by the land and only the land (I may have phrased that wrong), and that seems to be the attitude Rand is taking now, wandering where he will, doing what he pleases. The Wyld is also called "Dragonslayer." In a way, Rand did slay the Dragon with the body-swap and going into hiding. Rand is the Wyld. Demandred usurped those prophecies for his own purpose.

did he do this by using the True Power, thus tricking them into thinking he was not using SAidin?

did he do this by using the True Power, thus tricking them into thinking he was not using SAidin?

Quite possibly, like Moggy demonstrated.

she's kinda like the Terminator. You know, the first movie, when they shoot him and burn him and shear off half his body and he still won't die. Go Moggy!

>sorry if this was already asked/answered, 

Does anybody know which parts were Brandon's and which parts were Robert's?

Thank you.

so far, we don't. we know that mostle of the last battle was written by RJ, and the ending too I think, but that's all. 

and, honestly, i think people should stop asking that question - if you can't see the difference, well, that's the point. 

Thanks. Actually, I like many things that RJ did. I've just already noticed certain things placed on BS's shoulders that I believe are actually RJ's. Just wanted to know for my own erudition; this way I can just smile and shake my head at accusatory posts.

That's what I was lead to believe - most of the ending from the final battle onwards is RJ's. 

Thanks. Actually, I like many things that RJ did. I've just already noticed certain things placed on BS's shoulders that I believe are actually RJ's. Just wanted to know for my own erudition; this way I can just smile and shake my head at accusatory posts. 

Try listing out what you are referring to in bold. Depends on what the person above means by "most of the last battle". We know for instance RJ wrote the epilogue but even then parts such as Cadsuane and the AS where a Brandon addition. Keep in mind RJ only had about 200 pages spread out over these three books and Brandon even had to creat at least 50% of the material with no direction from the notes. There actually has been a fair amount confirmed in interviews.

Thanks. If he created 50% of this book or more, I think he did a fantastic job. While there were things I didn't completely like or understand - Padan Fain. I guess I understood it, but as others have said, he was just a huge dangling thread - I'm fine with it. It's entirely possible that RJ just let these books spin out of control. I wonder if he just said he was going to finish the story in one book because he knew his time here was coming to a close. 

Thanks. If he created 50% of this book or more, I think he did a fantastic job. While there were things I didn't completely like or understand - Padan Fain. I guess I understood it, but as others have said, he was just a huge dangling thread - I'm fine with it. It's entirely possible that RJ just let these books spin out of control. I wonder if he just said he was going to finish the story in one book because he knew his time here was coming to a close. 

No that wasn't it(at least not entirely). While things had somewhat gotten away from by CoT, KoD showed he quite clearly had things pointed in the right direction. He said one more book because really that is all that was needed as evidenced by all the bloat and filler in these last three books. One very large book split into two volumes would have sufficed and fixed many of the structural issues that came from splitting things into three. Brandon argued against the split as well after all and was over ruled.

Well then, in the end, I guess Brandon did what anybody hired to do a job does when their boss asks them to do something... he executed the task given to him. 

That's true and to my mind there were some questionable decisions made. For instance we know of one at least one plot line from ToM that was pushed to AMoL simply because of deadlines, not because it was best for the over all story.

I am not surprised. RJ effectively lost artistic control because 'man supposes and God disposes'. Overall, I enjoyed the last books. There were things I suspected that came to be - or mostly came to be - and things that didn't at all. I think this final book was the best written throughout of the three. There was far more substance for BS to write about. I'm guessing that's why there was a bit less description. I was overall happy for that, although there were certain places I would have liked more. But, there were so many characters to cover. Rhuarc. Loved that guy. But, he had been mostly dropped out of the story for at least 4 books already. I would have loved more of a reaction, especially about his death. Such a great character brought so low. How disappointing. But, that's the point of the story in a way, I guess. I would have liked more of a reaction from Rand's ladies and from Rand himself about his 'death', but I guess that this is what I would probably have read no matter what. 

I did like that BS at least attempted to put all major minor characters in the book, even if it was just a mention. I would have liked more from Moiraine but she lived up to her part, I think. She was The wise-one in the book. I would have liked more of Thom, but his skill set wasn't really a needed one in the final battle. I would rather he be given the story he was given than some job throwing knives in the front lines. And, obviously, if he went in the bore he'd either have to be killed or toss a knife into Moridin's back so....

What "ancient wrong" were the "seed" (presumably the Seanchan?) supposed to slay "again"?  How did the Towers of Midnight, either the physical structures in Seanchan or the metaphorical embodiment, perhaps in the Forsaken, tie into this Dark Prophecy?  Why include a mention of the Seanchan royal family returning to the Towers in a time or dire need to right what was wrong in the glossary of ToM?  Was this entire sequence intended for the outrigger novels, given that the original Shadow prophecy predicted the seed to slay the ancient wrong before the Dark One comes?

I think that the "seed" is the dagger and the "ancient wrong" Fain. Fain/Shaisam was babbling on about his greatness growing from the seed (of Aridhol). Mat killed him just before Logain broke the seals, allowing the Dark One to "come" into the world

Archived