DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could randomly MIX UP the Romantic Pairings before the Last Battle...

The Fisher King

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have shipped Aviendha/Elayne for a very long time now, that is something I would very much like to see. Other than that I would like to see Siuan and Moiraine getting back together somehow at some point. 

Umm... Nynaeve/Moiraine could have been fun as well, but I love Nynaeve/Lan just a tiny bit too much. I think someone mentioned Berelain/Morgase, that would have been awesome. Also Galad/Perrin. Oh and Tuon/Egwene, yes pleease.

Yes, I know all my pairings so far have been femslash or slash... Do I have to pick something het as well? Um... I suppose I agree that Rand/Nynaeve and Mat/Elayne could  have been fun.

:wink:

Here's a few

Mat/Elayne as a one night stand or long term, had a lot of potential both ways imo.

Leane/Logain is a good one.

The one I can't believe no one has said yet, Lan/Moiraine.

Also Mat/Moiraine.

Talmanes/Joline as a one night stand.

@Fish, agreement on Logain/.Gabrelle

I actually agree with that - about Alanna being an upgrade over Gabrelle.

Well, in some ways. I guess it depends which areas you are referring to in terms of ''uppgrade.''

If you just mean looks, well, I can't remember that we get too many specifis on Gabrelle but I have a memory of her being pretty hot. And Alanna being slim with long, dark hair and dark eyes.

If you're not talking just looks...well, I dunno. Alanna falls apart all the time, is childish and throws too many tantrums where Gabrelle seems pretty mellow. Which is good.

I dunno - I may have just argued myself OUT of agreeing with you, LOL!!! - I might stick with Gabrelle after all.

Fish

When Rand is with Min, Aviendha and Elayne.

When Rand is with Aviendha, Min and Elayne.

When Rand is with Elayne, Min and Aviendha.

Mat and Aran'gar, ideally without either of them figuring out exactly what just happened, both just happily putting a notch on their belts.

Mat and Semirhage, again with neither of them realizing the significance of the other.

Mat should have been with Elayne - that would have been epic.

I see no good reason for Rand's bizarre polygamy. Just Aviendha would have been good enough.

As I don't like Faile, I'd have also been quite happy to see Perrin with Berelain.

A lesbian pairing wouldn't hurt... Siuan and Moiraine striking up their old romance anew?

Mat should have been with Elayne - that would have been epic.

I see no good reason for Rand's bizarre polygamy. Just Aviendha would have been good enough.

As I don't like Faile, I'd have also been quite happy to see Perrin with Berelain.

A lesbian pairing wouldn't hurt... Siuan and Moiraine striking up their old romance anew?

All of these pairings would have been awesome.  Except the Siuan and Moiraine one...I happen to like her and Thom getting together and think it feels the most "natural" of all relationships in the series from the perspective of the two characters and what we know about them.  They really seem to have a similar yet conflicting list of attributes.

When Rand is with Min, Aviendha and Elayne.

When Rand is with Aviendha, Min and Elayne.

When Rand is with Elayne, Min and Aviendha.

Mat and Aran'gar, ideally without either of them figuring out exactly what just happened, both just happily putting a notch on their belts.

Mat and Semirhage, again with neither of them realizing the significance of the other.

If Mat and Halima had hooked up but neither had ever been any the wiser that would have been epic!  Also, somebody suggested Leanne and Logain earlier.  Good choice!

You know, when it comes to Thom and Moiraine and Rand and Elayne and who knows what all...it certainly appears that a WHOLE LOT happened ''off screen'' back in the good ol Stone of Tear inbetween TDR and TSR.

I will say that one brief glimpse we DID get to see (the chapter in TSR where Thom walks into his room and Moiraine is there) was some of the very best stuff in the entire series.

Fish

I thought Mat and Egwene had some chemistry too. Or at least Mat and Elayne. Mat stormed the world's greatest fortress for them. The least he should've gotten is a peck on the cheek. But no. Rand got Elayne and Egwene went to Gawyn.

I guess ladies do love guys with royal blood.

Moridin-Cyndane would solve many problems. Cyndane would forget Rand-good thing, and Moridin could maybe understand Light if he were in love-even better.

But since Moridin seems to be torturing Cyndane, this doesn't seem very probable...

Archived