DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The White House, Washington:

The war was going very badly. Axis forces had taken Midway Island, sunk the Enterprise, bombed Pearl Harbor, and somehow the Germans had figured out their codes had been cracked. Wombat wheeled himself around his desk in the Oval Office, with no one present he felt all right with using the chair. He began to write something on a sheet of paper when he looked up. What was that noise He looked to either side, and saw no sign of the bodyguards who should have been in the room. He did hear the gunshot and the sound of the body falling. Was it an enemy infiltrator right in the White House? He figured he'd better find a spot to hide. But he was too late. The door opened, and there was another gunshot.

Wombat, Franklin Roosevelt, Allied Doctor, has been killed.

It is now Day 4. Deadline is set at Monday, Dec. 24th, at 11:59 PM EST. Christmas Day will be treated as a day off like a weekend, and whatever phase we are in at the time will be extended 24 hours. I don't know that I could give you the weekend as a half-day, then the 24th as as half-day or whatever, AND the 25th... that'd be a six-day phase.

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20121224T235959&p0=422

Random stated:
I still have NAs to receive. Once that is done, I can begin the day.

You stole one of my pick-up lines...

My girlfriend gets mad when I call her my girlfrienn.  She wants the d.

I was trying so hard to find some way to fit Night Action into a pickup line but couldn't so I opted for the above joke instead.  Enjoy.

I role revealed before it became cool.

Another townie bites the dust. Lovely.

I don't have any particularly good ideas at this point. Would need a re-read or just blitz this thread to draw people out. I like the second option better.

If you kill me you lose another town.

Hello TG hopefully you are more active and available than BB :) Goodbye Wombat ... I will miss chatty Wombat

**Smiley said

I would posit that that might be due to TGlems coming in (hi) since he would have to read through everything before saying who he would like to investigate (that's assuming that everyone still thinks BB was the cop, apparently Darthe does not)

Darthe got muddled when Ley was revealed as back up to the cop/doc and thought that he actually was the main proper cop or sommat like that. I think he realised that later and said so.

With Wombat being revealed as the American President and the Doc, then it makes sense that the British Prime Minister takes the other major role as the Cop.

I don't like how RTE exploaded into sudden activity when he was poked, but I think a member of the mafia would have been a bit calmer, as they would be guided by their team mates. Is he quite new at Mafia? I can remember going absolutely post mental when as a Town person I was accused of being Mafia in my first few games.

Has he actually said anything else that makes you think he was mafia before the outburst yesterday? The sudden defensiveness seemed over the top, but he could be outraged Town. Then again, he was not just defending, he was pointing in other directions to look for Mafia - me included lol. And it was odd that he used my inactivity as a reason to deflect, especially when it was Darthe he was trying to deflect. Darthe thinks I'm mafia so I'm the perfect person to use to distract him :) He also said that Ithi is an experienced player so it is suspicious she is inactive. I don't think I've ever played with him, or maybe I have, but that made me feel someone was feeding him information about me and how active I normally am in games.

And .... he just did the re-read thing :rolleyes:

I'm turning myself in circles just thinking about it ... so - outraged Town, or guided Mafia?

Len has been very quiet this game, and has been nicely joining in on lynches and stuff. Got any thoughts Len?

Vote RTE

Did you also say you had already role revealed? I can't remember that and I can't go back to check. I will follow your advise to poke people with votes to see what they do :smile:

So, massive amounts of proper worky work today as it my last day before Christmas and no internet at home, as previously mentioned. It's taken me ages to get this written up a little but at a time inbetween stuff I'm supposed to be doing, but I would like to finish work early so I can go home and unpack the bazillion of boxes that are just filling everywhere, so I thought I would make the effor now, as I'm not likely to be about later.

Ok let's do this then...

Hello TG hopefully you are more active and available than BB :) Goodbye Wombat ... I will miss chatty Wombat

**Smiley said

I would posit that that might be due to TGlems coming in (hi) since he would have to read through everything before saying who he would like to investigate (that's assuming that everyone still thinks BB was the cop, apparently Darthe does not)

Darthe got muddled when Ley was revealed as back up to the cop/doc and thought that he actually was the main proper cop or sommat like that. I think he realised that later and said so.

With Wombat being revealed as the American President and the Doc, then it makes sense that the British Prime Minister takes the other major role as the Cop.

I don't like how RTE exploaded into sudden activity when he was poked, but I think a member of the mafia would have been a bit calmer, as they would be guided by their team mates. Is he quite new at Mafia? I can remember going absolutely post mental when as a Town person I was accused of being Mafia in my first few games.

Has he actually said anything else that makes you think he was mafia before the outburst yesterday? The sudden defensiveness seemed over the top, but he could be outraged Town. Then again, he was not just defending, he was pointing in other directions to look for Mafia - me included lol. And it was odd that he used my inactivity as a reason to deflect, especially when it was Darthe he was trying to deflect. Darthe thinks I'm mafia so I'm the perfect person to use to distract him :) He also said that Ithi is an experienced player so it is suspicious she is inactive. I don't think I've ever played with him, or maybe I have, but that made me feel someone was feeding him information about me and how active I normally am in games.

And .... he just did the re-read thing :rolleyes:

I'm turning myself in circles just thinking about it ... so - outraged Town, or guided Mafia?

Len has been very quiet this game, and has been nicely joining in on lynches and stuff. Got any thoughts Len?

Vote RTE

Did you also say you had already role revealed? I can't remember that and I can't go back to check. I will follow your advise to poke people with votes to see what they do :smile:

So, massive amounts of proper worky work today as it my last day before Christmas and no internet at home, as previously mentioned. It's taken me ages to get this written up a little but at a time inbetween stuff I'm supposed to be doing, but I would like to finish work early so I can go home and unpack the bazillion of boxes that are just filling everywhere, so I thought I would make the effor now, as I'm not likely to be about later.

If I was exploding at someone because I was being accused, I would have exploded at Darthe. How so many of you missed this point is beyond me. Beyond. Me. My "explosion" was not even directed at anyone until I began my impromptu Mafia hunt. I was suspicious of Wombat, but, we saw how that went.

So I didn't "explode" at being accused, because my "explosion" was not towards anyone accusing me. You'd be outraged if you were town too. Even moreso now. If you aren't, that is much more unusual behavior than anything else. I'm sorry I didn't consider your life situation in regards to your inactivity. In terms of knowing how active you usually are, SEVERAL people have pointed this out. I evidently would have no idea of your Meta, but other people were obviously concerned earlier in the game. I think you are playing rather coy by saying "i have no idea where he came up with these ideas" when several people posted them and singled you out. I am nowhere near the first person to question your role.

I had said you were the other person I was suspicious of. I stand by that. You never role claimed. VERY far back I revealed as Vanilla town.

You are the one with the questions that need answering. I am also suspicious of BB (who obviously has been replaced). I think she dodged the bullet a few votes back.

But till you make some (any) case for yourself beyond "oh, look the other way, I'm just busy!",

Vote Ithi.

Random stated:
I still have NAs to receive. Once that is done, I can begin the day.

You stole one of my pick-up lines...

My girlfriend gets mad when I call her my girlfrienn.  She wants the d.

Hey baby, are you Mafia? Cause your night actions are killin' me....

+1

BB claimed Winston Churchill, our Cop on Day 1. TG now has BB's role.It's generally not a good idea to Lynch an uncountered Cop - I've already given my character's name :) and as such I am concerned about Winston.

You are a fiesty thing ... but I like the little Jokey post you made after your omgus vote on me post to try and soften your image here.

I don't have to defend myself and I have no plans to play my game your way, so posturing and demanding things of me isn't really going to work. Have fun :laugh:

erm yeah ...you said the bit underneath -- you know, where the quote was?

Good grief lol.

Quoting is stuffed up on mobile, so I'm having to do the best I can. I'm never going to get home early today - I've got a 36 minute call to listen to, and my manager just shifted my 1-to-1 to today :(

so of course indstead of listening to that call an getting on with it, I'm messing about in a mafia game.

Archived