DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cbinpdx

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the States!

For those of you who are NOT in the States ... hey, it's free turkey! With plenty of vegetarian side dishes! What's not to love?

I'm thankful for many things... including being able to play with you all ...

*lovefest at the BT!*

For what are you thankful?

What are your favorite dishes to go with roast turkey?

roast_turkey.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving! I want to try a traditional Thanksgiving meal some time. We don´t celebrate it where I live.

I´m thankful for a lot of things. Right now my daughter sits besides me playing with some ponies. I´m very thankful for having her here with me.

Happy Thanksgiving! I want to try a traditional Thanksgiving meal some time. We don´t celebrate it where I live.

I´m thankful for a lot of things. Right now my daughter sits besides me playing with some ponies. I´m very thankful for having her here with me.

That's a lot! :)

So, if you were cooking the feast, what dishes would you choose? Do you have a preferred dressing/stuffing for the turkey?

I always make mine with cornbread... mmmm....

Candied yams are good, and you Brits might've had Thanksgiving by now, but you had to go raising the price of tea...

lol

yeah, candied yams - you either love em or hate em -

No Thanksgiving is complete, to my mind, without pumpkin pie! I always have a pumpkin dessert, no matter what.

Pumpkin-Pie.jpg

IKR? I'm surprised more people don't do "turkey with all the trimmings" throughout the year!

Except that it's a tremendous amount of work. The turkey takes hours and hours to cook. You have to get up at the crack of dawn to make the stuffing. Everyone has his favorite dish and gets mad if it's not on the menu. Or your menu explodes into 14 different dishes.

I once hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for 20+ people. Man, it took me an hour just to peel all the potatoes.

Do you have any Thanksgiving stories you'd like to share?

Archived