DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey all

goksekor

I've been reading the series since 2000, had several rereads throughout the years.

I've known about DM for a while and checked it out every now and then but since I was not into theorizing about what is happening or what is going to happen in the next books, I haven't registered. I know this site does not serve only THAT purpose but I was afraid that I would succumb into reading those theories and spoil myself the chance to enjoy the series as I have done so previously, on the off chance that one of the theories turn out to be true. Since time of theorizing and waiting is coming to an end very soon -somehow not soon enough and very, very soon in deed- I decided to join you guys.

Sad side of my story is, I live in a country where WoT fandom is not so common. Actually as far as my friends are concerned, I am alone in my fandom and I NEEDED to share my excitement (and the remorse to come come Jan 18th, let's say 10 days till i finish AMOL). I needed to vent. So I apologize to the community in advance for my possible overdramatic emotional outbursts.

I might be attracting some daggers here but I need to tell you guys that I feel thankful to Brandon Sanderson for what he has done to the series. Granted, he is not Robert Jordan and it is not quite the same feeling reading his work, but all in all, I would cast my vote for BS over any other authors I have read so far to have finished the series after RJs death. I think what RJ had was pure genious, I really think he was a genious. I can not even find the right words to praise his masterpiece, yet he created that masterpiece. I really am humbled by this. I guess so was BS, even when he was only a fan and just fantasizing about being an author himself at times, and even more so when he was offered to finish this masterpiece. He is human, a very good storyteller I would say based on his other works,yet still human and he does make mistakes but I think he is treating this with very, very high regard like it deserves and pouring into it every effort he could muster. For that, I am thankful to him.

I could keep on ranting but as a first post, I am afraid I have overdone it anyway. See you guys around.

it stands for social group, they are all under the forum section. It's where you can hang out and they are all loosely based around stuff in the WOT books. Like you have the White Tower for example where you can climb the ladder from initiate all the way up to an Aes Sedai or Warder.

But there are loads like the Aiel social group, the wolfkin, the ogier etc. If you click on the there will be topics explaining what each SG is about and how to join if you want to.

Hope that helps :biggrin:

it stands for social group, they are all under the forum section. It's where you can hang out and they are all loosely based around stuff in the WOT books. Like you have the White Tower for example where you can climb the ladder from initiate all the way up to an Aes Sedai or Warder.

But there are loads like the Aiel social group, the wolfkin, the ogier etc. If you click on the there will be topics explaining what each SG is about and how to join if you want to.

Hope that helps :biggrin:

Ah thanks mate! Though I think Warders or Ogier would be too serious for me. Based on my drinking habits, I could go with the Band(assuming there is a SG for that) or black tower(thirst for hunger:) or Aiel(oosqai, maidens kiss :) ) I'll check them out!

Though I think Warders would be too serious for me. Based on my drinking habits

Don't worry. I have only been here a few days, but from what I've seen, those warders are tons of drunken fun. Which Is why I'll be wanting to be one when I get the points.

Edit: Ah light, Blank beat me to it.

Don't worry. I have only been here a few days, but from what I've seen, those warders are tons of drunken fun. Which Is why I'll be wanting to be one when I get the points.

Edit: Ah light, Blank beat me to it.

Soz love :happy:

Soz love :happy:

That's okay, dear.

Just glad someone else is kind of helping tempt another poor soul pretty cool guy/girl into joining in with a bunch of drunkards who cause shambles in front of the Amyrlin. It'll all good entertainment, you understand!

That's okay, dear.

Just glad someone else is kind of helping tempt another poor soul pretty cool guy/girl into joining in with a bunch of drunkards who cause shambles in front of the Amyrlin. It'll all good entertainment, you understand!

Quite right *nods innocently*

Welcome to DM! I agree with a lot of what you said, and no, it's not rambling. Robert Jordan was a genius and a true artist. I really like what Brandon did with the series. If you don't want to do the whole theorizing thing that you're definitely welcome over at the social groups. Hope to see you around.

Archived