DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Light v. Shadow OP Tourney Round 1: Random v. Lenlo ... Lenlo Wins!!

Turin Turambar

Random (Sturm Brightblade) v. Lenlo (Raistlin Majere) - The Dragonlance Novels

Sturm

The son of a Knight of Solamnia, Sturm and his mother were forced to escape from their castle in Solamnia following an uprising. Despite having lost contact with his father, Sturm continued to follow the rules set by the Oath and the Measure, focusing on becoming a Knight of Solamnia. During the Age of Mortals it is shown that when viewing "beyond the veil" and into the Astral Plane, he is one of the protectors of the path to Godshome as the Paragon of Discipline.

Raistlin

Twin brother of Caramon Majere, Raistlin was a frail and sickly boy, who was often bullied as a youth, causing him to develop an arrogance and hatred of other people. Due to his half-sister Kitiara's intervention, he was sponsored and accepted into the Academy of Magic, becoming an adept student. His passion for the magic arts fueled his will, driving him to sacrifice even his health in order to become a mage. When he took the Test, the Heads of the Tower in Wayreth Forest feared his arrogance and ambition so much that they cursed his sight, causing him to see the inevitable decay of all creatures, in the hopes that this would teach him compassion, but it only increased his bitterness. Due to a lonely childhood, Raistlin developed a cold personality for all but the lowliest creatures of Krynn. This aspect of his personality leads to him befriending the gully dwarf Bupu. Raistlin Majere's soul was partially merged with that of the ancient archmage Fistandantilus, the first archmage who originally tried to become a god and the one whose evils inspired Raistlin's own quest for godhood. He is the final ward on the Protector's Path to Godshome as the Paragon of Power and Sacrifice. He is the only one of the protector's souls that is visible without looking into the Astral Plane, and the only Neutral or Evil individual to guard the path. "Chaos. War. Death. This is what I see." is a quote from Raistlin.

all levels 10 plus 20 levels to spread out.

NO True Power.

5 rounds or to 50 points damage.

All to use Asha'man Rank

Link to Rollers: Dore Saidin Rollers

*description to follow*

As Raistlin watched as Sturm aged. The skin drew tight around his lips and eyes. The armor began to rust and crumble. Even the grass beneath his very feet was turning brown and withered. Everything he could see aged and died. Even the walls of an abandoned tower in the distance crumbled and fell. This was his curse. To see Time as it affects all things.

"Youth withers before these eyes, beauty fades, mountains crumble to dust" Raistlin is surprised as he mumbles these words. Lost in a memory of long ago.

Finally though he turns his attention to Sturm, the man whom Riastlin's sister had once loved. There was no hatred between them as far as hew knew. But Sturm was in his way. And Raistlin would be stopped by no one on his quest. He points his staff at Sturm, and immediately shards of ice and flakes of snow come shooting out of the orb straight at the armored knight standing opposite him.

Attack: Ice Storm

Damage: 6

Raistlin(Me!) = 100

Sturm(Random) = 94

Havnt read Dragonlance in so long... Attempting Raistlin was scary.

As Random entered the Gateway that had been opened for him, he felt his reality.... twist. He was no longer in his own skin, his clothes were very unusual, even how he thought of himself warped slightly. The name Sturm resonated in his mind... he knew if someone addressed him as this right now, he'd answer as quickly as he would to Random... Random who? I am Sturm!

He faced his opponent, Riastlin, a dangerous mage of terrible power. The world shifted with Sturm's vision: it was as if he was in Tel'Aran'Rhiod, the Unseen World. Who was? He felt a defined duality in his being now, but knowing both versions of himself to be of the Light, and his opponent obviously of the Shadow, Random struck:

Weaving Fire and Spirit together, at least that's how he remembered them when he knew himself as Random, he unleashed a Torture attack that struck Riatlin with tremendous force!

Torture

Damage: 10

Sturm(TRL): 94

Riatlin(Lenlo): 90

Sorry I don't know the books :(

((That's alright. I've read these books so many times its silly. ))

Raistlin couldn't believe it. Where had a man such as Sturm gained power enough to challenge him?! Raistlin began to caugh and squirm horribly as the magic worked its way through his body, but not once did he scream. He refused to admit such weakness to someone like Sturm.

When the caughing had ceased and he pain subsided Raistlin raised his staff once again towards his opponent.

"I shall now give you a gift Sturm. I shall now show you true magic."As he said this all of he earth around Raistlin began to shift and move. The hill began to sink and Sturm along with it. As unlikely as it sounds, there happened to be a large chunk of stone not to far under the surface that Sturm managed to find before being swept away in the mud.

Attack: Mudslide

Damage: 6

Len: 90

Random: 88

Sturm stood shaken, feeling pain from the last blast. His clothes were dirty, one leg numb, and he was starting to feel a pain in his mind. Wait, that pain is in the back of Random's mind! I-AM-RANDOM-HERO!! He thought to himself. He formed his counter attack... and sent Deathgates hurling straight and Riastlin! It was a glancing blow, but it struck at least.

Attack: Death Gates

Damage: 3

Sturm/TRL: 88

Riastlin/Lenlo: 87

What was this?! Where had Sturm learned magic like that? Raistlin almost couldn't believe it as those black doors flew at him. He was barely able to shift the doors path away from him and still they flew by close enough to cut his robe and arm.

Raistlin quickly cast another spell, causing the earth to shake and crack all around and beneath his opponent.

"You are not stronger than me Sturm! Merely more creative!" He yelled as his spell took hold. It sounded like he was saying this for his own benefit rather than for his opponent to hear.

Attack Earthquake

Damage 2

Len 87

Random 86

((Blast phones! They make typing this hard!))

Random, it seemed his name was, was having trouble keeping his realities in focus. HIs opponent was doing a good job disrupting his attacks and focus, and his next attack suffered. Sturm's Torture spell... spell? Weave? Spell... It missed Riastlin, and he saw his foe begin to smile...

Attack: Torture

Damage: 0

Me: 86

you: 87

:)

Raistlin felt the magic form and he also felt when it failed. It looked like something was going on in Sturms head. Could he be... possessed? That would explain where his powerful magics were coming from. Raistlin couldn't help but smile. He had known Sturm could never have had learned the arts this quickly.

With that thought in mind he took advantage of the knights confusion and hit him with a concentrated blast of Air, knocking him off his feet. Such a blow would lay Raistlin out, but the sturdy knight would not be so easily defeated he knew.

Attack: Air(A1)

Damage: 5

Len = 87

Random = 81

Archived