DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

River of Souls; a WoT official short story coming in 2013

Southpaw89

Well, I am back from Comicon and managed to pick up something rather cool.  Apparently, this is a convention only printing and has only a few stories with the complete release pending next month.  Check out the 3rd entry.  :)  I do believe I am going to sit down and do a little reading today.

And, yes.  I did get this signed by all the authors in person.  No, I did not ask any questions of Sanderson (which seems to have surprised him as he asked several times if I was sure I didn't want to ask anything).  No, I will not post any spoilers anywhere until after the full book release.

Yep, picked it up at PCC as well.  And had the same experience with him.  I think he's just used to WoT fans grilling him every chance he gets.  So those of us just going "Thanks for finishing it, pleasure to meet you." threw him for a loop. :)

Read Jason's review and this part troubles me a bit:

...purist readers who appreciated Brandon's attempts to maintain a tone appropriate for the series will find that it slips here somewhat, and we get a voice more similar to his own books.

Honestly if the tone is more off than ToM and AMoL it will be a pretty difficult read. Interested to see the material but it basically seems like fan fic at this point.

Archived