DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Today's Happy Place. Where is yours?

Ryrin

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I miss the Appalachians... sometimes. LOL I still have family up Ellijay, GA and there's a clogging workshop in Fontana Dam,NC every year (that I can' t get to anymore, because it's always the weekend of my Peanut's birthday!). 

Window-Seats-22.jpg

After a day like today, I just need this, a cup of hot cocoa and a good book. Oh, and a warm blanket and (my favorite) to be left alone for a while. I'm just tired of hearing voices today. I need some quiet space... *sighs*

I have been dreaming about the big stuffed leather couch at a place called Hill of Beans at the mall not far from here. They have wifi, low lighting and even though it's right next to the indoor playground, it's quiet. They serve coffee, so even though I don't drink it, I love the smell. They do serve hot chocolate and ice cream, and even some small bakery items. The best, though, is that the place is completely furnished like an old house, with big dining room tables that are chunky and scratched and overstuffed couches and chairs with heavy coffee and side tables. I want to go and disappear into a book for a while... *sighs* 

That place sounds great U4ea! I would love to sneak off  to a place like that and get into a good book. But I would probably be found by either my hubby or one of my kids. They always seem to know where to find me.

Niagara_zpsa75b2eab.jpg

I would love to visit Niagara Falls. Looks so beautiful and peaceful.

5a8fb93273bb19a2b3f9d6175323ab1b_zps500a9dab.jpg

This is the 1886 Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I've always wanted to go there and I finally get to in October! *squee* It is said that the interior of the hotel has all 19th century decor and the views are amazing. I guess some people wouldn't consider it a happy place. *laughs* It's also known as the most haunted hotel in America.

Archived