DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

CAUTION: Super Spoiler Prologue discussion; Leave the cops out of it :)

TootThatHorn

Slayer's scene has him being ordered to kill Rand to the exclusion of everything else, and being told no other Choasen would command him. That doesn't quite fit in with his being given to Graendal.

Of course, the whole Graendal-Perrin thing could be something Sanderson wrote in.

I'm pretty sure it is. Possibly at most there might have been a note about Graendal setting her sights on Perrin and failing, and suffering for that, but certainly we know the dreamspike, both in inception and in the specifics of its function were Brandon--which is where Slayers involvement stems from. It also fits well with all of Brandon's comments about HIM wanting to give the readers a big Perrin book, and setting out to do it.

Finally it also explains Slayers survival, which thematically, felt clunky.

The Dreamspike was Brandon? Well, that explains the confusion over the Rebel AS around the BT. In tGS, their absence is this big mystery. In ToM, no one seems concerned, and Nynaeve casually Travels into their camp. Now, in the Prologue, Pevara talks of them still being outside. Wonder how the gateways were supposed to be blocked in RJ's head...

I'm pretty sure that resulted from Brandon forgetting he'd need Myrelle for the transfer of the bond in TofM when he sent her to the Black Tower in tGS, and then rather than work with what he'd developed and try and figure a moment for the two to meet later in the books post Black Tower he simply decided to slap a bandage on it and pretend it never happened.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that resulted from Brandon forgetting he'd need Myrelle for the transfer of the bond in TofM when he sent her to the Black Tower in tGS, and then rather than work with what he'd developed and try and figure a moment for the two to meet later in the books post Black Tower he simply decided to slap a bandage on it and pretend it never happened.

Makes sense. And its rather sad.

I've read that book too long ago I guess...What is the incongruity here exactly? I'm puzzled.

Makes sense. And its rather sad.

Just add it to the list...

I've read that book too long ago I guess...What is the incongruity here exactly? I'm puzzled.

Myrelle left with the Rebel embassy to the BT in tGS. In the end of tGS, Romanda reports to Egwene that the embassy has been strangely silent, and has sent back no word to the Tower about their mission. This strongly implied they were trapped by the Dreamspike when we learned about the BT Dreamspike in ToM. But then Nynaeve Traveled there to get Lan's bond in ToM, which is definitely after the embassy's silence. If they could Travel back and forth just like Nynaeve could, why were they silent? That's the incongruity.

ETA: And can you answer the questions I had about the end of Moggy's PoV? What happens after she's told to follow Demandred's orders?

Sure thing.

Taim never speaks. He does glare at Morridin, and Mog thinks those two are going to come to odds over killing Rand, and that they have met before..

That theory is DEAD I tell you. Muhahah!

Edit: Wait, do you mean Taim and Demy glare at each other or Taim and Moridin? Know it is virtually impossible at this point to go any other way but...

Sure thing.

Taim never speaks. He does glare at Morridin, and Mog thinks those two are going to come to odds over killing Rand, and that they have met before.

Also Mog protests helping, and Morridin cuts her off with a threat, the POV ends there.

Does he glare at Moridin or Demandred?

Sure thing.

Taim never speaks. He does glare at Morridin, and Mog thinks those two are going to come to odds over killing Rand, and that they have met before.

Also Mog protests helping, and Morridin cuts her off with a threat, the POV ends there.

Does he glare at Moridin or Demandred?

Based on the scraps I read, Demandred.

Sure thing.

Taim never speaks. He does glare at Morridin, and Mog thinks those two are going to come to odds over killing Rand, and that they have met before..

That theory is DEAD I tell you. Muhahah!

I'm glad; I like Taim, oh wait, M'Hael, being his own person.

Myrelle left with the Rebel embassy to the BT in tGS. In the end of tGS, Romanda reports to Egwene that the embassy has been strangely silent, and has sent back no word to the Tower about their mission. This strongly implied they were trapped by the Dreamspike when we learned about the BT Dreamspike in ToM. But then Nynaeve Traveled there to get Lan's bond in ToM, which is definitely after the embassy's silence. If they could Travel back and forth just like Nynaeve could, why were they silent? That's the incongruity.

Ok thanks. Good catch!

"We are few, now," Moridin says to Demandred, Moghedien, ugly Hessalam (formely Graendal). "We four, and the one who is punished most, are all that remain"

Who is the "punished one"?

Apologies glare was never used.

Dem demands that he get to kill Rand...

He turned to face their eyes in turn, then finally those of the M'Hael. There seemed to be a familiarity there, those two had met before. 'You will have competition with that one Dem, he wants Al'Thor as much as you." Mog thinks...

Looks like there's only ONE Kinswoman left in Caemlyn. Too weak to make a Gateway, Healing whom she can, and she apparently burned six Trollocs. Jesamyn is her name. The Kin, it appears, are going to come of age pretty soon, and start kicking ass.

I think there was something about a wise one around Talmanes right? From what I was able to read as well it looks like Talmanes is going to die unless someone else shows up to heal him.

It's weird that Moridin recognizes M'Hael as Taim's name, given it essentially means the Leader (of everything).

Edit:

... as Pevara puts it...

"To see the M'Hael," Pevara replied, managing to avoid choking on the word. It meant "leader" in the Old Tongue, but the implication of taking that alone as a title gave the word much stronger meaning, as if he led everyone and everything.

That inference can only have gotten stronger when taken as a name when one becomes Chosen to Rule the World Forever.

It's weird that Moridin recognizes M'Hael as Taim's name, given it essentially means the Leader (of everything).

Yeah, that weirded me out too. Though it could be his way of snubbing the others. New successful Chosen gets to be called Leader, old ones who failed get names like "wihtout forgiveness" and "last chance".

Incidentally, we're missing the section where Hessalam is revealed as Graendal. How does it happen, and does she seem at all broken or changed by her recent punishements?

Archived