DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Quote about reading (need help)

Christine

Or writing, or fantasy.

I am currently painting (well, staining) the bookshelf that goes on top of my desk. I have this beautiful silvery paint that I want to write a quote on the bookshelf with. The problem is... I can't come up with anything good.

So, I'm asking you guys for help. The bookshelf won't be ready for that layer until tomorrow morning, so you have a dash of time. I'm going to post this at Shayol Ghul and the Wolfkin as well, and I'm up for offering points or whatever. This means a lot to me, and I will love you forever if you come up with something awesome.

Ideas so far:

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. "

Benjamin Franklin

"If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. "

Oscar Wilde

"One must be an inventor to read well. There is then creative reading as well as creative writing. "

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am a drinker with writing problems. "

Brendan Behan

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done. "

Stephen Write

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”

George RR Martin

To clarify, it doesn't need to be a quote by someone famous. Just a turn of phrase even, or something you copy and paste on your facebook status or twitter. I just want something beautiful about reading and/or writing.

The two I've remembered so far:

"Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn't it?" ~Rand al'Thor

"Books are on the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home." ~Anna Quindlen

"I read a book once." - Mat Cauthon (I know, not what you're really looking for! LOL!)

Here are just a few that I found:

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.” - Cicero

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” - C.S. Lewis

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” - Charles William Eliot

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” - George R.R. Martin

Archived