DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final Five - Who Would You Have Picked?

Aqua Weaver

Final Five Forsaken  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which five Forsaken would you have picked to be at the Last Battle?

So, of the Thirteen Forsaken who would you have picked to survive to the last battle knowing what we know now about their personalities, weaknesses and strenghts. My five picks are as follows:

1) Ishamael/Moridin: Being the main antagonist of the series it would make little sense to write him off before the end.

2) Lanfear/Cyndane: For the above reason.

3) Graendal: She never engages in conflict directly and will flee at the earliest sign of trouble. Her ability to read and manipulate people give her an advantage in surviving the machinations of the other Forsaken.

4) Demandred: A great deal is made of his rivalry with Lews Therin and he is also a highly skilled general and perfect to lead the Shadow's forces at the last battle.

5) Aginor/Osan'gar: A scientist and coward. I personally thought he could've happily spent time working behind the scenes creating new monsters for the Shadow to use at the Last Battle only to be eliminated in one of the final conflicts.

Aqua

1. Moridin: He is the Dragon's anti-thesis. IT was clear that Ishamael was going to be a very important character from the start, and since becoming Moridin, I was totally sure.

2. Lanfear: She is perhaps the Chosen with the most potential. Her being the one that drilled the Bore would be enough to suggest it, but the relationship with Lews Therin, and later Rand, and all that happened made it pretty clear.

3. Demandred: The second greatest person in the Age of Legends, just behind Lews Therin, who he hates more than anyone ever could. The DO's second after Ishamael was destroyed, until he came back, and the best, and now only, General for the Shadow. Like Lanfear and Ishamael, he has the most potential.

4/5. Semirhage/Mesaana: Mainly because I would have thought more would have been done with their alliance with Demandred. That triple threat was a unique one amongst the Chosen, and I would have thought there would be something more happen with their plots interweaving.

seriously, Mojahidin? was that

1 ishmarl -> main antagonist

2 - Lanfir -> unfinished story with Rand

3- Demandred - > the black tower control , will probably fall to Logain

4 - Mojahadin -> main Antagonist to Nynaeve

5- Graendal

Seriously, Mojahidin? was that a subtle poke or just plain bad spelling?

1 Moridin: speaks for itself.

2 Lanfear: I would love it if Rand would free her from Moridin in a Memory of Light. Perhaps could fight at the side of the light once more?

3 Demandred: I think he is the current "king" of Shara and commander of those red veiled Aiel. It was denied by RJ that he disguised himself as Taim (or any other character that we prior saw in the series).

4 Asmodean: Again, sad that he died :( Waste of a good character.

5. Be'lal': In the Age of Legends he and Lews Therin together re-discovered the ancient sword fighting techniques. Would love to have seen him fighting against blademasters.

bad sp :)

i readed the books tanslated , so retranslate names back to english it a bit of a problem to me.

but i think i would change my vote from Graendal to Semirhage

i was disapointed that Nyn hadnt had the opportunity to teach the so called great healer of AoL how to really heal :)))

would had loved to had seen a show down between these 2 healer who are so alike yet so apart :)

Ishamael, Lanfear are the obvious.

One of Sammael/Demandred/Be'lal (somewhat personal with LTT, I guess Be'lal the least so either Sammy or Demmy)

Aginor (the smartest scientist of the lot, you'd expect him to cook up some crazy weapon)

Moghedien, backstabbing sneaker that she is.

The usual male suspects are Moridin and Demandred. And there seems to be a majority who have picked them.

As early as The Great Hunt - The Lord of Chaos, Lanfear seemed to be a heavy favorite to go the distance. And she is still there despite a minor spell on the "disabled list."

Graendal's cunning, survival skills, and adaptability put her on the list for me

The only disappointment was for one of my strong early favorites: Semirhage. She was so terrifying. She was the embodiment of the Foresaken. She was strong, cruel, ruthless, and the essence of evil. But the DO sacrificed her.

TGS:

Mesaana was fully dedicated to the Great Lord now, just like the rest of them, but she seemed a second-rate member of the Chosen. Making boasts she couldn't fulfill, allying herself to stronger parties but lacking the skill to manipulate them. She'd done evil works in the Great Lord's name, but had never managed the grand achievements of Chosen like Semirhage and Demandred. Let alone Moridin.

And beyond that, Graendal thought, she is a member of the little alliance you two made. Perhaps the strongest member. Losing her will be a blow to your bid for control of the Chosen.

So, everyone knows that the first book is filled with the most foreshadowing? And that it was originally planned to be a trilogy?

Interesting fact: Only 5 Forsaken were mentioned in EotW.

Ishamael, Lanfear, Demandred, Aginor and Balthamael.

Aginor and Balthamael were, of course, actually in EotW at the end.

However, Lanfear and Ishamael have been the main antagonists so far. Demandred then, would be the 3rd, from all we have gathered, and if anyone is interested in foreshadowing and the like.

So, everyone knows that the first book is filled with the most foreshadowing? And that it was originally planned to be a trilogy?

Aginor and Balthamael were, of course, actually in EotW at the end.

However, Lanfear and Ishamael have been the main antagonists so far. Demandred then, would be the 3rd, from all we have gathered, and if anyone is interested in foreshadowing and the like.

Ishy was in the whole book as well ("Ba'alzamon")

That is actually really interesting - there's obvious reasons for Ishamael, Aginor and Balthamel to be mentioned i.e. they were in the book. And Lanfear was the next Forsaken to appear, I think, in the very next book, and is undoubtedly a major protagonist. So that leaves Demandred as an odd-man-out - he doesn't actually appear until Book 6, long after e.g. Be'lal, Rahvin, Moghedien, Asmodean, Sammael, Graendal... His early mention here fits, I think, with BS's statement that Demandred will be a very major player in aMoL, and therefore, have a major impact on the plot.

Although if I'm honest, having him appear in the last book - in fact, in what could have been the final third of the last book, if they hadn't split it! - means that I'm largely past caring about him. He'll appear, snarl and pout a bit, and then get splatted. Meh. One step up from Be'lal, I'd say. And wouldn't he just go absolutely tonto to hear someone say that :)

I only picked Ishamael.

The rest are less then insects that mean nothing in the bigger picture.

The only Forsaken that ever really mattered to Shai'tan was Ishamael for how Elan Morin betrayed all hope.

He's the only one to truly forsake everything; down to his body, his mind and even his soul.

Elan Morin gave himself to nothingness. The Nae'blis position is a hollow promise to the other 'Chosen'.

If the Chosen realised what it means to be Nae'blis -to give Shai'tan a foothold inside creation-, they'd all run for the hills.

It's trough Elan Morin's Soul that Shai'tan has a shot at destroying it's prison; the Soul of the Dragon.

Archived