DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does Anyone Know...?

EmperorMayhem

Does anyone on the "spoiler" forum here, know of anything that is actually spoiler information? Anything that will happen in the new book, or is it all just fan theories with evidence for or against, as per interviews with either of the authors... As far as I've gathered, coming on this 'spoiler' forum, doesn't Actually give away anything solid. just what may or may not happen. I'm not bashing any of you, not at all, I know how fun it can be to pass theories back and forth, but i'm just curious if any of you have any solid spoiler information?

Only what is obvious, @EmperorMayhem.

Moiraine and Nynaeve descend into Shayol Ghul with Rand. We know this from the cover art.

Perrin and Rand are reunited at Merrilor in Chapter One. Jarid Sarand is deserted by his men in the prologue. They head north toward Tarmon Gaidon.

We're all waiting for more reveals, for example, if Brandon reads a new passage at DragonCon. But otherwise we are all on equal footing.

Clueless.

Moiraine and Nynaeve descend into Shayol Ghul with Rand. We know this from the cover art.

I seriously doubt this. I don't think cover art itself tells us anything really. (Look at art for tDR. Perrin was in the Wolf Dream saving Faile while Rand took Callandor, yet Perrin's on the cover, etc.) Most theories place Alivia and Nyneave in Shayol Ghul with Rand. But I'd say it's all in the air, and am for one VERY excited even just to read what happens in Merilor. This book can't come fast enough!

I seriously doubt this. I don't think cover art itself tells us anything really. (Look at art for tDR. Perrin was in the Wolf Dream saving Faile while Rand took Callandor, yet Perrin's on the cover, etc.) Most theories place Alivia and Nyneave in Shayol Ghul with Rand. But I'd say it's all in the air, and am for one VERY excited even just to read what happens in Merilor. This book can't come fast enough!

It's been confirmed that it's Moiraine or Nyneave.

Good. Easily, my two favorite Aes Sedai. They're a good couple of broads.

Where? By who?

Where? By who?

I think MRJackson is Michael Whelan's assistant or some such. And my post was supposed to read Nyneave and Moraine, not or.

Interview: May, 2012

A Memory of Light Cover Art Round-Up (Verbatim)

MRJackson@218 (7 May 2012)

Not sure why there's still confusion. It's Nynaeve and Moiraine on the back cover. The yellow and blue dresses should make that apparent. Nynaeve's hair is obviously shorter than it used to be.

I spoke to Michael about the cover as he was finishing it. Since he didn't have the opportunity to read all fourteen books for the assignment, I was one of the people he leaned on to fact check his work.

Michael mentioned there are details the readers (like me) wouldn't be privy to yet. For example, Nynaeve takes the bulk of her jewelry off before this scene.

Where? By who?

I think MRJackson is Michael Whelan's assistant or some such. And my post was supposed to read Nyneave and Moraine, not or.

Interview: May, 2012

A Memory of Light Cover Art Round-Up (Verbatim)

MRJackson@218 (7 May 2012)

Not sure why there's still confusion. It's Nynaeve and Moiraine on the back cover. The yellow and blue dresses should make that apparent. Nynaeve's hair is obviously shorter than it used to be.

I spoke to Michael about the cover as he was finishing it. Since he didn't have the opportunity to read all fourteen books for the assignment, I was one of the people he leaned on to fact check his work.

Michael mentioned there are details the readers (like me) wouldn't be privy to yet. For example, Nynaeve takes the bulk of her jewelry off before this scene.

Hmm...

Thanks sir.

It makes sense - Nynaeve and Moiraine, I mean. And, not just them in the pictures - It's obvious that those two have always cared about Rand and not because they wanted babies with him. Also because how much Nynaeve has wanted to kick Moiraine's ass since like chapter 10 or something like that.

now we need a thread of reasons Ny would need to take off the jewelery

Why would she be wearing jewelery while in mourning over her dead husband?

Who takes off jewelery to mourn?

I put on jewellery when I went to my MiL's and parents' funerals, but what I wore had specific connections - the ring my mother had given me on my 21st birthday, for example. So I'd expect Nyn to at least wear Lan's ring, even if she is in mourning for him!

Does anyone on the "spoiler" forum here, know of anything that is actually spoiler information? Anything that will happen in the new book, or is it all just fan theories with evidence for or against, as per interviews with either of the authors... As far as I've gathered, coming on this 'spoiler' forum, doesn't Actually give away anything solid. just what may or may not happen. I'm not bashing any of you, not at all, I know how fun it can be to pass theories back and forth, but i'm just curious if any of you have any solid spoiler information?

You could just check the information bar under the board title.

In any case, there are very few actual spoilers present. This board exists at this point in time mostly so that those who want none whatsoever can avoid them with ease.

Maori's have a thing about jewellery at Marai's (not sure on spelling there) and other traditional burial places. To name one culture...

Nynaeve still has her belt Ter'Angreal on the cover art. Isn't that the Well?

Yes the belt is the well.

Well, in terms of spoilers, a few people haven't read ToM yet. For example, I had only read thru Crossroads of Twilight until recently. I just did a re-read of the entire series and finished Towers of Midnight for the first time about 10 days ago :myrddraal: Up until that point, I didn't want spoilers of things that would happen in ToM, and appreciated the Spoiler Alert warnings so I could avoid them.

Archived