DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Travel and Olympics Month: Dragonmount Olympic Games

Welcome to the first Dragonmount Olympic Games

(DMOG)

DMOG.jpg

Brought to you by the Brown Ajah and Me'areath

This will be a multi event games with awards, world records and fun. Each week one of my Aspie helpers (Wheeloftime13 and RandA lThor) or myself will post 4 or 5 internet games to test the skills of the people of Dragonmount. Each game will come with instructions and a challenge. The top three people to present proof of their top score will be awarded gold, silver, and bronze Siggies at the end of each week for all of you to hail as the best in their field.

There will be one or two games that last longer than a week but for the most part events are a week long.

Rules:

Each game will have a specific way on which it will be judged. We will not be able to accept entries that do not meet these requirements to please read them carefully and ask via PM or on thread if you want clarification.

All games will have a deadline. These will be final and shown in a counter (GMT). So all official submissions may not be edited so that we can verify the submission time. This is to keep things fair and stop disputes.

Each person has 3 entries per event. All must be submitted using this format;

**************Official DMOG Entry**************

Image of High Score like so

post-9953-0-37636600-1343876713_thumb.jpg

The official entry line is bolded and enlarged

The image is put in a spoiler bracket because if we have a large number of images per page it will slow down peoples computers and make the thread hard to follow

To get an image all you have to do is press print screen (it's a button at the top right of your keyboard) while on the score page of your game (ill post where to find this per game. This copies your whole screen. Then just paste the image into paint, photoshop, or any other photo program and save it. (cropping the image is a good idea. It copies the whole screen and you may have personal emails open in the background or something)

Then attach the file to your post and put it between the spoiler brackets and you will have a verifiable copy of your score.

Please make submissions a separate post from general chatter

This thread is here for you to chat and compare how you are going as well as an award thread and submission thread so have fun with it

The main thing is to have fun

Good luck and have fun

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 1 Events

This week is slightly longer than normal so use it to your advantage

Most games I will use are from a website called Kongregate. There is some advantage to making an account on the website as it will help keep track of your scores for you. There are also mini challenges in each game that the website provides that you can try for.

Vector runner

http://www.kongregat...e/vector-runner

This game is fun, addictive and simple to get your head around. But it’s far from easy.

The objective is to get as many points as you can by avoiding the obstacles and picking up the bonuses as you go. There are also awards in game which you can attempt for your own personal bests. You can compare these one thread if you wish but they are not part of the official DMOG

Use the left and right arrow keys to pilot your ship. Avoid the obstacles and collect the powerups for bonus points, shield recharging, and invincibility. Pressing ENTER will pause the game, but it will also incur a 250 point penalty

Awesome music is recommended

To win you just have to get the highest score and give us proof. When you die you have a score appear. Print screen the best one you can do (I dont think you can go back to find these so save them as you go then submit your best 3 at the end of the week)

Dolphin Olympics

http://www.kongregat...phin-olympics-2

For all you gymnasts and dolphin lovers this event is for you!

Score as many points as possible in 2 minutes by swimming and flipping your dolphin. Successful jumps build speed, allowing for bigger and better tricks!

Requires Flash Player 9

To win you need to show proof of the highest score you can get. When you die you have a score appear. Print screen the best one you can do (I dont think you can go back to find these so save them as you go then submit your best 3 at the end of the week)

Amorphous+

http://www.kongregat...Games/amorphous

3 awards in this game!

This is a two part award game. One will run for a week like usual but the other will run for until the end of the month (Deadline here)

The one week challenge is to play a Bounty Run on any difficulty ramp. Choose the level that suits you best.

The other one week challenge is a Single Nest on any difficulty ramp. Then before the deadline post an image of the game main menu (your top score is at the bottom left of the screen)

This game takes some skill and using the rewards you get will help you along the way.

To win you need the highest score. The game keeps a personal best score for you if you are a member of the website. It's at the bottom left of the main menu.

The full month challenge is the first person to get all the awards or if this is not completed we will award the person who has the most by the deadline. There are 110 to collect and they are not easy. Good luck....

All entries have to be in by this clock.

Winners to be announced and awarded over that weekend 11th and 12th (Once we figure it all out and get the siggies and charts done)

(Print screen and post the image of your top score on this thread under official submission rules)

Full month timer pending

Grow Cube

http://www.eyezmaze...._cube.html#more

Not an award game!

I just think this is a pretty cool game that is worth playing. I’ll give out siggies for those who manage to complete this. Please don’t cheat or help each other. Let this be a personal challenge if you want to participate

No you can play it as many times as you like. Practice does make perfect after all. Ill only be accepting your first 3 official submission posts per game though (some games later might have a different way you can play them so I wanted to give people another chance if they wanted to enter again. Think of it as your best out of three)

So is anyone else interested in playing these games?

Ill also accept submissions for the next few weeks games. You might know of some cool ones that I dont know of

ok normally above the number pad or if you dont have one the top right of your keyboard there is a button that says "print screen" or "prt sc"

Can you find this?

Once you have that and have pressed it, you have the image of your screen on your clip board now. Once you have this all you have to do is paste into paint or something similar and save the image.

If you dont find print screen I know another way but it's harder to do

Archived