DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy December First!

Maria

In Norway it just turned 1:55am on December 1st, and this means that it is now offically time to break out those Christmas cds, eat the Christmas marzipan and generally start to get excited for Christmas.

For me, however, the days leading up the big day are just as nice. I love getting mentally prepared for it, getting ready to have time off from school and work, to just sit down and do nothing for a couple of days. And also to see my friends who are coming home for Christmas, to see my family for more than an hour every second week.

I love love love everything about this season, and I think even if I didn't celebrate Christmas (which I assume some of you don't), the whole month of December would still be one of my favorite.

So tell me, what do you do to get into that holiday spirit, and is there anything in particular you're looking forward to?

Mia

OMG, there's still like 25 days!!11!!1!1 You can't get Christmas stuff out yet!!1!!111oneone

*gives you crap since you guys did to me for doing Halloween sigs a couple weeks early* :P :twisted:

Anyway... I don't do too much to prepare. I guess I'll just be in the mood when it's time... hehe.

I listen to tons of Christmas music around this time; the Chinatown churches always have stuff going on that I get involved with; and I spend lots of money I dont have on gifts. [That's the only drawback. :roll:]

But this yr, I wanted to give more meaningful gifts. (Except that no one really appreciates them.) My friend's non-profit org, Bread and Water (breadandwater.org) has something called Giving Tree around the holidays, and you can buy gifts that help sponsor a relief project. Also, World Vision has great gifts at their site (worldvision.org). And I dont know if you guys know about the Red Project. (www.joinred.com) But, it's a project designed to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. They're selling red-colored things. (Boy, the Red Ajah should really get on this bandwagon! :D ) Anyway, Red credit cards, red GAP clothes, red iPods, etc. And all proceeds go toward the cause.

BTW - Dec 1st is also World AIDS Day. (worldaidsday.org)

And a wk after Christmas, I turn 29. :D

I start celebrating the Christmas season on Thanksgiving. :)

I love listening to Christmas music to get myself in the mood. Also, my choir has a Christmas Concert every year, so I'm looking forward to that. I also love driving around to look at everyone's Christmas lights on their houses. We've got some really cool ones in our neighborhood.

I'm looking forward to getting the tree out of the attic and fixing it up, doing the decorations in the house, buying all the gifts (never as many as I'd like), and spending more time with my family. :D

I love good Christmas, old fashioned stuff with Bing Crosby is the best. ;)

Hey Jhae!! Beat you to it!!! :D

|

|

|

|

V

Christmas will be quite hard for me this year, especially the period leading up to Christmas. It was my grandfather's birthday on Christmas Eve, but he sadly passed away earlier this year. So a lot will be missing for my mum and I this Christmas.

And I don't finish university until the 15th December, so won't be getting into a Christmas spirit until then. And then I will hopefully be working when I go home, and if it was like last year, I will probably end up doing a 10 hour shift on Christmas Eve. But to me, it is all cash, which I need as a student. So, I won't be completely ready until Christmas Eve.

But we shall see what happens...

Guest Seryanne

My immediate family are running away from christmas this year, because we've had a hard few months and don't really fancy celebrating it.

However, we ARE running away to the south of france for a week. Even in december, that's pretty good :D

And don't you worry, I'm not flying out til christmas eve. I'll get my festive fix before that. I tend to gatecrash carol singers!

*smiles*

Thanks Charis!! I had a similar feeling around my birthday. It is the small things you miss, which also hit you the hardest - the cards, the phonecalls, the gifts they give. I just hope 2007 will be a better year for the family, as 2006 was an extremely tough year. Unfortunately, due to the age of some of the family members, I don't think it will be. But we shall see.

I looove getting into the holiday spirit. I broke out my Trans-Siberian Orchestra collection this week. :D They are my absolute favorite. I love baking. Lots and lots of Christmas cookies. I really want a live tree this year, but will probably end up dragging mine out of the attic, lol. Spending time with family.. there's just nothing better than the holiday season.

Here in Sweden most people get out their Christmas decorations the fourth Sunday before Christmas, and so I will get mine out later today when I get home. Other than that I don't really do much to get in the Christmas mood. I light a lot of candles though, it's always so dark around here. I don't finish university until December 22, so I don't have a lot of time to relax before Christmas... :P

Archived