DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How One Might Seal The Bore

Vassili

in past i had joke whit my friend who all so like WOT that rand will throw fain into bit of doom to be counter force for dark one untill he do what he must do.

i have 3 theory how DO prison will be remade.

1th using saidar+saidin together = power of light that will seal bore.- tho its most likely no becose lewstern himself was not sure if it will work.

2th using Light true power. exsistance of that is quite clear. when rand was bound by dark one power he emit darkness around him. now that hes using creator light power he make creatures of dark one unable to face him and all so that mysterious net of light in hes mind that covers dark one compulsion.

3th one is that Beidomon and Mierin made sort of Gateway into patten to tap into dark one power. And all Rand/Egwene need do is unmake that gateway. There is rule in SG not to channel maybe its becose u cover fact that there is gateway u culd unmake there XD.

i sort of think lanfear being punished by isamael has somthing to do that hes afraid lanfear will sort of give info to rand how seal DO or lanfear lose faith in DO after that treatment. after all she is only one who know what she did when they made bore.

I'm not sure exactly how the bore will be sealed but, here's what we know:

1. Rand has to do it;

2. Rand has to use Callandor;

3. Callandor needs to be used with two channeling chicks - preferably cute, in case they're the last ones Rand ever sees;

4. Min thinks that part of Callandor's flaw will be to leave Rand exposed to some sort of attack;

5. Rand's blood will fall on the rocks of Shayol Ghul (could mean his blood - could be at SG or the BT - might possibly by Galad or Slayer)

What I do know is - I actually hope that Fain is not a part of the sealing, even though I've often thought he will be. Because, he's supposed to be an aberration in the pattern, thus, there has to be a way to seal the bore without him.

I dont think Fain will have as big of a part in the end as most people think. Just a hunch really, but I suspect he is going to be key to the ending of the story but NOT key to dealing with the Dark One.

The healing of the Bore will not be entirely complete. In a way, the DO will have to be able to leak a tiny bit of True Power into the world. Just enough to be noticed by Beidomon and Mierin, so that they would want to tap into that Power.

That's not necessarily true. Scientists in the Age of Legend were able to step outside the Pattern itself, either discovering and stepping into (or creating?) bubbles called vacuoles. The DO may have only been sensed from one of these, or from probings out beyond the Pattern. But the DO couldn't reach in.

i just got best brainstorm ever.

Capture lanfear and blast her whit world strongest balefire so it burn her out of pattern 3500 years and bore making never happened XD bale scream after that cause braking and pattern remake itself causing 2 Dawns XD

Capture lanfear and blast her whit world strongest balefire so it burn her out of pattern 3500 years and bore making never happened XD bale scream after that cause braking and pattern remake itself causing 2 Dawns XD

Even if Balefire of that magnitude could be generated (which it can't) unraveling 3500 + years of history would unravel the entire Pattern.

Even if Balefire of that magnitude could be generated (which it can't) unraveling 3500 + years of history would unravel the entire Pattern.

I think pattern will unravel and remake itself anyway during LB because only way to get 2 dawns is if wheel reset it self in weaving.

and u only need burn 450 years of lanfear out of pattern becose other near 3000 years she was outside of wheel.

but i know i tought it as half joke enyway. balefire cause butterfly effect when u change past all change what will be in present.

I think pattern will unravel and remake itself anyway during LB because only way to get 2 dawns is if wheel reset it self in weaving.

and u only need burn 450 years of lanfear out of pattern becose other near 3000 years she was outside of wheel.

But if she never made the Bore, then it will change everything that happened during those years when she was locked in the seals anyway. The Pattern can't handle a paradox of that magnitude - the Dark One is the purveyor of chaos and paradox.

Besides which, Rand had to use the Choedan Kal to generate enough balefire to remove a few minutes (maybe an hour or two) from the Pattern at Natrin's Barrow. There's simply no way to generate balefire strong enough to remove thousands of years from the entire Pattern - especially without completely destroying the Pattern first.

Prediction For the Record™: Lanfear/Cyndane will not be balefired as a way to uncreate the Bore.

I'm in the camp that believes that the Power cannot be used directly to seal the Bore, though it was used to create it. The buffer/well theory is nice (use Callendor's unbuffered nature to create a well of on heard of power, seperate for the source, then use that to touch the DO - but LTT has stated that the Power cannot be used to seal the Bore. I think this is where the Wheel (in the form of the 3 ta'vern) will come into play. There will be a choice - Matt - as to what direction to go, power or re-weaving. They will decide on re-weaving, and in the T'A'R/reality blend way Perrin and Nyn will work together to "Heal" the pattern while Strike Force Rand (the power based team) creates a massive diversion to draw the DO's attention away from the Healing of the Pattern.

i kind of agrea with the last option, not fully but enough to give credit :)

i c 2 more possible ways to seal the bore

a. Perrin + Agy+ wiseone sealing it in T'A'R

b. if the DO prison is a sort of a living thing -> Nyn may heal it -> u can say that Rand unhealable wound is the equilent of the Bore and by healing the wound the bore will be seald or by healing the prison the wound will be healed

I wonder if there's such a thing as an 'anti-balefire' weave whose effect is to regrow threads in the Pattern........?

That seems unlikely, given the nature of balefire. RJ here:

ROBERT JORDAN

The balefire weave exists wholly or partly outside time, which removes it from its own effect.

Given its nature "outside [of] time" I doubt that anything within the Pattern can undo it. For example, balefiring a person B after she has balefired person A does not bring back person A.

I know you're talking about a completely different hypothetical weave, but I guess what I'm saying is that if balefire can't undo its own effects, I can't really see anything else undoing it either.

Just my opinion.

i dont think bore is hole in pattern because if so then dark power traveling will cause more and more bores in world because it rip hole into pattern when u move.

more like there is 2 sides of pattern one side is creator other side is dark one neater of them are woven in pattern but when lanfear made bore she made connection from dark one to pattern and pattern wove dark one into pattern and hes will.

it mean rand and co need brake connection between dark one and pattern and bore will disappear. Dark one is like inky black thread that spread color when u place it next to other threads. if u cut it out and remove all black colored threads then pattern will be clean again.

Off topic:hmm i just tough abit Dark one promised to destroy pattern and re make it by hes image. if so only way to destroy pattern is to destroy all living things that are threads of pattern would that mean that dark one will eventually destroy hes followers as well.

Anyway i dont think its just one power u need to close bore because if so eny ashaman and AS could do it but it must be Rand meaning he have some power that others dont have. Thats why i think there is existence of Light True power because rand aka dragon is Light champion like moridin is dark one champion

Archived