DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Olver = Gaidal Cain???

moldham

I think one of the Asha'man with Perrin, mentioned his wanting to see his baby boy, and that he was not exactly a cute baby.

That is who I think Gaidal was respun as.

ya I think I remember that, that could be but it would lack the wow factor that would be there if it was one of elaynes kids.

I think it's an unwritten law of WOT fandom that the Olver = Gaidal theory will never die. That one has been debunked for more than ten years I believe and it's still somehow surviving. Although surviving is the wrong expression. It's quite dead, but it refuses to stay in its grave and keeps coming up trying to eat our brains.

ahh, Olver=Cain, I swear everyone who is new to the forums comes up with this. No shame in it, it is not an unpopular theory for the new people.

However, it is completely impossible. Gaidal was still in TAR, he was summoned by the Horn at Falme. Olver is like 6 at this point. Making it impossible.

Also, Grady's kid is too old, he is around 4 (by Rand's estimate) in LoC. Even if Rand has got it wrong, there is no way he is young enough to be Cain.

One of the Twins (elayne's) cannot be Cain, he is already reborn. The twins are pretty much Calian and Shiva, heralds of the New Age.

Guest Bard-of-Dungbriar

What?!?!

NOOO!!!!

If Olver is not Gaidal Cain than I can see no thematic purpose for inventing either character. This is the first time I have absolutely disapproved of Jordan. He could have just left it up to interpretation... or maybe not dropped so many "sly" hints that Olver was him... or maybe not practically come out and have the characters break the fourth wall to throttle us with the obviousness of it...

Also, Grady's kid is too old, he is around 4 (by Rand's estimate) in LoC. Even if Rand has got it wrong, there is no way he is young enough to be Cain.

Ah yes, I guess I mistook the chapter where Rand brought Taim to the farm, at the end, it says that "Sora clasped her son to her breast." I thought that meant he was a baby.

What?!?!

NOOO!!!!

If Olver is not Gaidal Cain than I can see no thematic purpose for inventing either character. This is the first time I have absolutely disapproved of Jordan. He could have just left it up to interpretation... or maybe not dropped so many "sly" hints that Olver was him... or maybe not practically come out and have the characters break the fourth wall to throttle us with the obviousness of it...

Olver however has been in at least an entertaining minor character to the series, and has been important in at least growing mat as a character, and teaching him responsibility, even if he is at least half-blind to seeing that he has some to do with olver's bad habits...as far as gaidal, he is a hero to describe along with the others, and a bit of a dramatic foil when it comes to birgittes interactions in the dream world that usually arent allowed, or are at least frowned upon...besides each main character has a main squeeze so birgitte becoming as prevelant as she has should at least have an eternal lover to pine over, and i also dont think weve seen the last of and possibly greatest accomplishments of birgitte and olver...perhaps birgitte, at the end of aMoL will find some ugly little orphaned baby to take care of, to give her life purpose, and that baby's name will be Oedipus :rolleyes:

What?!?!

NOOO!!!!

RJ has stated that Olver has another reason to exist aside from being a red herring for who Gaidal is.

Birgette said that Cain was reborn only a few years before she met Nynaeve. Olver is too old to be him.

Cain is most likely a toddler.

Um, we see Cain in TAR. He disapproves of birgette helping the wondergirls and refuses to speak to them, but he is still there.

Archived