DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Official AMOL Cover Art (Spoilers)

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the description of the Dreampsike from Graendal.

...turning and holding a long, spike-like piece of metal, silvery topped with a large metal head set with golden inlay.

Then Perrin

It appeared to be made of dozens upon dozens of fine, wire-like bits of metal woven together like a braid. It was about two handspans long,..

So it could well fit the drawing on the Cover Art, it would certainly be useful, but Gaidar points out some problems with it .

Love everything we can glean from this. Good stuff.

Never thought I would say this however, I prefer the DKS cover. It just feels right...

Indeed, I love both of the covers. But DKS' just hit me harder. I could feel it. As you said, it just feels...right...

At first glance I wasn't sure I liked it, but it's grown on me the more I look at it. Both covers are great, but it's nice to see Rand drawn properly for once and it's good that he is the complete focus of the last cover, front and center.

Great cover. and despite being a different artist, it really fits with the rest of the series. A LOT more hints than we're used to seeing in covers though. Not that i mind. usually even when i finish a book i don't understand the cover. Well, i guess past cover have SOME hints to the content.

EotW - a bunch of people are going to leave with Moirain and Lan

tGH - it's about the HoV.

tDR - maybe a spoiler. did we know about Callendor before that book?

tSR - they're going to the Aiel waste

tFoH - um. nothing really. rand mat and aviendha will be attacked by trollocs at some point? in a city?

LoC - at least one AS will be afraid of him?

aCoS - shadar logoth? did anyone realize that's where he was before reading the book?

tPoD - nothing besides that Rand will lead armies, but he'd done that already. (one of my favs though)

WH - tricks us into thinking it's mostly about perrin. and that perrin has lost weight. and height.

CoT - tricks us into thinking it's mostly about Mat.

KoD - Tricks us into thinking maybe perrin has a little brother who's much shorter and hasn't spent time in the forge.

tGS - well if you didn't know about Rand's hand, that was a bit of a spoiler. tricks you into thinking prostitution was introduced into randland

ToM - Would've been a big reveal, if we didn't all already know the ToG chapters were finally going to happen.

This one tells us quite a bit. some that people have guessed, some not.

this is absolutely beautiful...the art reminds me of those really expensive marvel trading cards you could get, cant remember who drew them but i think it was 2 brothers(and like 18 years ago lol), one thing i cant help but notice is what you cant see. rand has a second sword on his hip, yes, but the other thing on his hip is intriguing. first off why carry the other sword in the first place, and whatever the other thing is, he will have to put callandor down to use it, or lose callandor, but also what intrigues me is that we cant see his other hand, which to me seems a lil deliberate maybe? he wouldnt be able to draw justice with it but whatever the smaller thing is he could use his other hand if its somehow back

i also just looked at the tor site for this, and with all the sketches that he did, there seems to be a deliberate hiding of rands missing hand, could just be that no one wanted that wound to be a focal point for a weakness, but in pure speculation i feel like its worth noting, also in one of the sketches, rand doesnt have justice but he does have what appears to be a simple dagger...not sure, maybe hes worried about being so tapped out of the power that its his only defense, or a contingency for being burned out, or force of habit

Maybe it's just a simple dagger and sword on his hip. I don't think there's anything significant about it, at this point he just wears them around out of habit, like you would wear a watch or something.

lol the site told me of another post as i was writing my second bit, i pretty much mirrored you

Justice is Aes Sedai forged steel. We see in the prologue exceprt that the DO can weaken normal steel. My idea is that Aes Sedai steel would not be able to be weakened. That is why he chose to carry it.

Justice is Aes Sedai forged steel. We see in the prologue exceprt that the DO can weaken normal steel. My idea is that Aes Sedai steel would not be able to be weakened. That is why he chose to carry it.

Indeed, it seems likely that something like this is possible, with the emphasis on Stone in the prologue excerpt. Maria said the event was localized, however, that does not mean it cannot happen again, and in the Pit of Doom is where the DO is strongest....

Any sword is useless for him unless it has properties beyond being a sharp object (like Callandor has).

I do wonder how they will be able to channel there at all. It's been stated several times that you can't channel there unless you are allowed to.

I do wonder how they will be able to channel there at all. It's been stated several times that you can't channel there unless you are allowed to.

That is in regards to the True Power.

The part about channelling was that the DO would punish the Forsaken if they channelled at Shayol Ghul, not that they couldn't. Rand won't be worrying about the DO punishing him, he is going to fight him, so no problems there.

(Sorry, I seem to be correcting you a lot today, I am not doing it on purpose, just when I see something, I comment)

I think that the third object we are seeing next to Justice is the Knife of Dreams. Thats the small knife that makes it immpossible for the shadow to see or find you. But thats just me and i could be wrong. or yet again i could be right. Hell for that matter it might just be a small dagger that all the aiel carry.

If Rand is to use the True Power, then why the need for Callandor and two female channelers? Callandor cannot utilize the TP as far as we know. In addition, before LTT left, he seemed terrified and aghast at Rand using the TP. I doubt it will be the power du jour.

I think that the third object we are seeing next to Justice is the Knife of Dreams. Thats the small knife that makes it immpossible for the shadow to see or find you. But thats just me and i could be wrong. or yet again i could be right. Hell for that matter it might just be a small dagger that all the aiel carry.

Nice one.! I didn't think of that. It is pretty possible. Although it wouldn't be much use at this stage, since Moiraine and Nynaeve are with him.

Sam: not sure if you were refering to my comment. If so, I don't think the TP will be used by Rand in any way at the Pit of Doom. I was saying that it was impossible to channel it there, RJ said you get fried instantly if you tried the TP there.

That is in regards to the True Power.

The part about channelling was that the DO would punish the Forsaken if they channelled at Shayol Ghul, not that they couldn't. Rand won't be worrying about the DO punishing him, he is going to fight him, so no problems there.

(Sorry, I seem to be correcting you a lot today, I am not doing it on purpose, just when I see something, I comment)

I stand corrected. Really, I don't mind. I like to wander off and make small loony theories and don't mind to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Hmm Why Do I feel So exited and so happy.....But at the same time so bummed and soo sad?! [ Wish he got a little more knowledge on the WoT gals before putting this on paper, Its not like He didnt have enough time to do it right....] eh

Did I miss something? Fill me in on this one.

Did I miss something? Fill me in on this one.

Well, it was never actually called the Knife of Dreams. It was only an iron knife ter'angreal Elayne/Avi/Nynaeve found in Ebou Dar with the bowl of the winds. When Avi found she had the talent to know what ter'angreal were used for, she found out that the knife could hide people from the Shadow. Not sure what book this was in exactly.

Archived