DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shakespeare Week Movie Thread

Oh, that's what they did with Prospero. Well...I guess that's acceptable. She did a good job with Titus, so I'm willing to go with it.

I want to see She's the Man, which was a modern homage to...12th Night, I think.

Wow, She's The Man is a homage to Shakespeare!!?? :laugh: *goes off to read 12th Night and watch teh movie again*

I may have to watch that She's the Man film. Twelfth night is a good one.

I had no idea that She's the Man was based off of Twelfth Night. I think Twelfth Night is one of the best, so I might have to watch this movie now...

Oh. Oh, wow.

David Tennant was the best Hamlet I've never seen. He out-acted Patrick Stewart. Although he did an amazing job as Claudius, too, but...David Tennant blew me away!

I've nevre laughed so much at a production of Hamlet.

besides that Elizabeth Taylor was just not made to be a Shakespeare actress.

I would have to disagree here actually, watch her as Kathrine in Taming of the Shrew she is A-MAZING! Soooo good.

I have to say I really loved the "newer" version of Much Ado About Nothing. I wouldn't have thought to cast Denzel Washington as the Prince but he was awesome! He made the movie I think, I felt like he could do anything after I saw that. I do wish Morgan Freeman would consent to do some Shakespeare his voice is made for it I think. *laughs*

I have to agree, I LOVED this movie version of Much Ado with Denzel and Kenneth B. =)

Archived