DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi!

Laica Sedai

Hi,

My name is Laura and I am from the Netherlands. I am 18 and I am a huge Fantasyfan; I bless the day I found the Wheel of Time! (Im reading the translated version though). A few weeks ago I found this website and I love the Theories blog :) I am a kind of writer myself, I'm currently writing a Fantasy story! I'm using the Magic-system from WoT, but the rest is my own imagination.

I guess that's all I have to say right now :)

Hi Laura! Welcome to Dragonmount! Glad you've found us!

Who's your favorite character in the Wheel of Time? Have you read all the books that are currently out, or are you still on your first read-through?

Since you're a writer, you might want to poke around in the social groups and check out the Artists, Crafters and Writers Guild. Or the RP section - they're always looking for writer types if you're interested.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the site, the social groups, or anything else. Well, almost anything... although whatever it is, someone's sure to be able to answer it! :wink:

Have fun!!

Hi and welcome to DM, Laura!! Great that you found WoT and joined DM :)

Netherlands -that's so cool! I'd love to learn the language :)

I have read a translated WoT version too, so I can warn that the terms differ a bit. Sometimes I've even seen somebody using a different name from a WoT character than I do.

Do you have a least favorite WoT character?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions! I hope you'll like it here!!

I'm using the Magic-system from WoT, but the rest is my own imagination.

One can do that? I thought that would fall under copyright or plagiarism rules or something to that effect?

Anyhoo, welcome to DM, Laura - my naam is Laura-Gene en ek is van Suid-Afrika :)

• 2 weeks later...

One can do that? I thought that would fall under copyright or plagiarism rules or something to that effect?

I think it's legal. In almost every fantasybook they're using the same system. But then again, I don't think I'm going to publish it. :)

And thanks to you all for your warm welcome!

Archived