DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was your first car?

Ryrin

The first car I drove was my parent's 1994 Ford Taurus. The first car I owned was an '85 Dodge Ram van I bought for $600. It lasted about a year before I junked it. The steering assembly was ready to fall off and the previous owner "custom fit" the tire rims with a power drill and they showed serious signs of stress.

So I bought another van, a 1985 Chevy 250 for $200 from a family friend. Interestingly, this same family friend hit me with that same van as I was riding my bike around the block. I must have been eleven at the time and they were in the neighborhood and pulled out of a blind turn from a parking lot and WHAM. They only bent the frame on my bike and I was unscathed and I don't think either of us told my parents.

Mine was a Mitsubishi Eclipse, 1991 version. It was 17 years old when I got it, but it ran pretty good for another 3 years, then it just went... caput.

My son just sold his Eclipse and now has a GTO.

Here is my Capri:

medium_Capri.jpg

Mine was white and red.

We are equal opportunity posters! Post away! :)

My first car was a 1978 Honda Accord. I was 15 days older than that car! We got it for $250 because it had been stripped of everything... Including door panels... and door handles...

Oh wow I saw this on the side of the front page under "recent topics" and posted...I don't know if I"m infringing or something since I"m not part of the social group..sorry!

You can post AND join if you would like. I would like that.

It fits fifteen passengers uncluding the driver.

I am looking for a car that is MINE and MINE alone though. hard to find those at the moment. :X

You have 14 kids or run a day care??

My mom and dad got it in 1995 when they found out my mother was pregnant again with her fourth child. They did not want a car that only seated seven or eight because that would be the six of us with only room for one or two friends that us kids might have. So they thought about it and also realized that it had four bench seats in the back... ONE FOR EACH CHILD! So on any long trips there was not the "So and so is touching me!" kind of problems. :wink:

That was sixteen years ago, and now days we use it to pull our inclosed trailer...we aalso use it as our farm van.

2.jpg

I love the 'row for every kid' part! I drive a full sized SUV for almost the same reason. I refuse to own a vehicle that my family + a set of grandparents can't fit in. My Sequoia fits 8 adults!

I love the 'row for every kid' part! I drive a full sized SUV for almost the same reason. I refuse to own a vehicle that my family + a set of grandparents can't fit in. My Sequoia fits 8 adults!

I love the Sequoia!

I had a scooter once. It was good for zipping around on light errands but I had to plot my routes to avoid major roads because I simply did not have the engine capacity to compete with regular traffic. I left it in Greeley and hopefully the apartment manager gave it to the guy who inquired about buying it. I've always wanted a military-style motorcycle but I don't have five big ones to drop on a vehicle I can only use nine months out of the year. Vexing.

I didn't think I'd like driving such a big truck, but I don't think I can ever go back to a small car again. The gas mileage makes it tempting, but I feel so CRAMPED. LOL And I'm short so I can't blame the height! As for a scooter/motorcycle... I don't trust people that much, anymore. I want a nice thick wall of metal between them and me...

As for a scooter/motorcycle... I don't trust people that much, anymore. I want a nice thick wall of metal between them and me...

That was THE BIGGEST REASON I parked my scooter and never looked back. Scooters are a common sight in places like China and India where the general populace may not have regular access to a car. They're also popular in Europe but American driving culture still regards them as toys or novelties and they don't get any sort of respect on the road. I've had drivers "encourage" me to go faster by tail-gating me and I finally had enough of jerkface drivers harassing me with their two thousand pound missile on wheels. "Cagers" (people who drive cars exclusively) don't make the connection that you're still a human on a moving object and you're still vulnerable. Because they view the scooter as a toy, they treat it like a toy but it's a hair-raising experience for the scooterist.

I'm sure it is! I'm very happy to be a "cager" since I refuse to have any less than a TON of metal between me and the idiots they give driver's licenses to these days. My Dad has hit his middle-age stride and has fallen in love with his motorcycle all over again. Makes me nervous as all get out.

Archived