DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Panda in town

Arez Al'Loke

I think that's probably more likely to be acceptable. I will give you my disciple-guide in Panda-san speak anyway.

Arez, my disciple, to properly apologise is to first be humble. One must accept his (or her, of course, I don't discriminate) wrongs, and freely admit them. This is, of course, the dreaded and terrible Shayol Ghul, and so one's humility is not often tested here. Nevertheless. Thou must then ask forgiveness of the one that thee hast wronged, remembering to admit that the one to whom thee art apologising hath no obligation to accept thy words. A gesture of friendship may then be offered, or in Shayol Ghul, a friendly stab. Stabst thou not Naeann, though; she would probably smiteth thee for such.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha- the problems were:

"My appologies you must accept," - thus seeming to force her to accept your apology, which as explained above is not good form; and

"Fine! I would be infinitly grateful if you graced me with your appology!" - in this you're actually impatiently asking her to apologise to you. :ohmy:

hm.. well I guess I have to be totally serious finally =P

First of all, all the appologies and such were meant to both appologies, be funny in some sort, and keep conversation going.

The "my appologies you must accept" part was a poorly phrased part. I do enjoy trying out the "old way of speaking" sometimes, and it can get missinterpreted =P.

"Fine! I would be etc." was as stated above, and attempt at an type of "ice-breaker" trying to make things as if there actually was no problem from the beginning =)

BUT! If Naeann does truly feel offended, or subject to misstreatment from my side, I am sorry that I gave that image! It was not my intention at all!

I'm not comming to this site to be rude and offend people =P I just enjoy some interessting conversations that aren't always on the nice sides =P

And sometimes I missunderstand it when a person is actually feeling uncomfortable and not meerly playing along =P I will give an example.

me - "I'm so going to make you wish you didn't say that!" Pun intended

Random person - "I wouldn't like that very much" No pun intended

me - "I wouldn't like it to keep snowing, but it's still snowing anyway xP! Pun intended

Random person - "You just try!" Pun missunderstood

I just counted how many times I appologised, I think I'm beggining to get desperate xP

*edit* Ops.. I just realised that the lord of darkness is a woman xP I just assumed it was a man because of the books =SSS

I often adjust my humor when speaking to either man or woman, so that might be one cause to why this has gone as bad as it has =P

And when I say adjust, I'm not meaning it in any sexist way!! It's just that I.. I.. say use different words in different circumstances!

By that I mean that something a male would find offensive, a female wouldn't, and vice versa! *phew* It's very hard now a days to explain

things like that without being accused of being a sexist.

You haven't made an enemy of me.. and other than being rather zealous and overstepping your rank there have been no problems. I was bantering right along with you. If I truly had been offended or anything I'd have pmed you instead of continuing on thread. As long as you realize I'm the boss lady around here and treat me as thus instead of acting like you are the future king (which may be true some day but is not currently) we shall be fine. -pats the good little minion panda junior on the head whilst stabbing him in the gut-

Archived