DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

not sure if this has been brought up before.....

dante

umm i used to see topics about cyndane being lanfear reincarnated....and i was thinking....ummm could it have been possible that when lanfear and moiraine fell into the red thingy, (been too long since i read the books....), that maybe they were fused together? *shrugs* i dont know...just a thought

It's been mentioned, but if you look at what the books say, it is basically impossible. Cyndane's POV is clearly only Lanfear, and if there had been any fusings going on, that would definitly have showed, especially since we've seen her refer to when she was held by the finns.

And Lanfear having a new body more than hints at her dying and being brought back by the DO, so even if they had been fused, surely Moiraine would have been removed before putting lanfear back on the board again.

There's also the little detail of Mat, Thom and one more having to rescue Moiraine from the finns. What would be for them to save if there had been any fusing going on, an empty shell?

Lanfear/Cyndane being weaker is more likely a sign that both she and Moiraine were stilled by the melting ter'angreal and that Cyndane was Healed by a woman, Healing her to a strength lower than her original power. That, of course, would explain:

1) Why she didn't simply beat the crap out of the Eelfinn with the Power, and

2) Why Moiraine has not been able to escape on her own.

It would also mean that Moiraine is currently stilled (or burned out, whichever you prefer).

I think that a possible reason for Moiraine to not try and escape is because she knows she's not suppose to be out. She knows that she has to be away from Rand for a certain amount of time or everything goes bad, and that Mat, Thom, and someone else all have to come and get her. The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills and she's not about to screw with what the pattern told her has to happen.

Yeah but she could manage to hide away in the real world were that the case. Staying in a dimension with a group of beings that wear human skin seems somewhat.. excessive. Besides, if ity were only a matter of waiting, then she would not need rescue, and her letter would have said as much. 'i cant come back till you guys come. Don't worry, theres no risk.'

But no, she specifically mentions that there is a high chance they will all die, including her. There is little chance of her dying if she could still channel.

• 2 weeks later...

herre my opinion. Lanfear is still in finnland with moirain and cydane is illyena wanting revenge on LTT. i mean DO can give people new life so y not the one power or at least the power we u get the saa the thing mordin uses. kinda over the top but not impossible

The fact that Cyndane is weaker in the power than Lanfear is very strange. We have no evidence that any of the forsaken have learned the weave to heal stilling. Also it would seem that being reborn would fix the stilling. Didn't Aginor burn himself out?

If the process went

stilled -> killed -> reborn

There should be no need for healing. Certainly Aginor was able to channel (and apparently no weaker).

If it goes

stilled -> healed -> killed -> reborn

well then i am all confused.

The prevailing theory is that Aginor burned himself out. That is not entirely certain.

At the same time, Rand was also drawing on the pure saidin. He experienced a feeling of heat. He sent that heat back down the stream of saidin, dumping it into the pool from whence the saidin came, using the pool as a heat sink. Aginor continued drawing all of the, now "heated", saidin that he could, and eventually burst into flame.

Given the way the sequence of events ran, I'm inclined to think that Aginor's death was just a side effect of the heat that Rand instinctively dumped back into the pool. That while Aginor burned down, so to speak, he didn't burn out.

I'm sorry ... the prevailing theory is that Aginor burned himself out? Based on what? He burned himself UP. There's a big difference .. one is physcial fire resulting in death, the other a metaphor for losing the ability to channel by overstressing one's ability to channel. There is no indication at all in the books that Aginor was burned out before he died.

I've got to agree with Bob ... Aginor didn't burn himself out. The fact that its obvious enough to force us to agree should be enough to end this conversation here and now ... :D

I'm sorry ... the prevailing theory is that Aginor burned himself out? Based on what? He burned himself UP. There's a big difference .. one is physcial fire resulting in death' date=' the other a metaphor for losing the ability to channel by overstressing one's ability to channel. There is no indication at all in the books that Aginor was burned out before he died.

I've got to agree with Bob ... Aginor didn't burn himself out. The fact that its obvious enough to force us to agree should be enough to end this conversation here and now ... :D[/quote']

lol :D

Archived