DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

PARTY ON DUDES!!

JenniferL

Gee, I hate to even reply to this . . . So at the risk of being mocked, I have to admit I've NEVER seen the movie so have no idea what a Bill and Ted week entails. :oops:

Allright. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who up until this moment had no idea that such a thing as "Bill & Ted" even existed. Most likely you are from somewhere outside the US.

I was one of those people until about a week ago.

So, I'm starting a "I'm foreign and I have no idea what's going on"-club. Any and all may join. I have called it Mia's Excellent Adventure Of All Things American. John Lennon once said "so this is America, they must be out of their mind". That's our motto *nod*

Allright. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who up until this moment had no idea that such a thing as "Bill & Ted" even existed. Most likely you are from somewhere outside the US.

I was one of those people until about a week ago.

So, I'm starting a "I'm foreign and I have no idea what's going on"-club. Any and all may join. I have called it Mia's Excellent Adventure Of All Things American. John Lennon once said "so this is America, they must be out of their mind". That's our motto *nod*

I don't even have that excuse, Mia! I'm American and I still have no idea what the deal is with B&T! Then again, I don't get out to movies much any more . . . except kid movies, that is! As I sit here, I'm having a hard time remembering what the last movie was that I saw in a theater. Cars, perhaps? Or was it Over the Hedge? The last "adult" movie I saw in theaters was The Goblet of Fire. Of course, my boys love HP so they went, too, but still! Before that, the last adult movie I went to was either Star Wars III or LotR RotK (whichever came last, that is -- I can't remember!).

Oh . . . well, that explains it! Late 1980s through mid-1990, I spent every waking moment that I wasn't at work riding or showing my horse. If it was 1991-1994, I was too busy with engineering classes at Auburn and was too poor and too swamped to go to movies!

"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is a movie from the early nineties. Its about two California surfer dudes/ slackers who are on the verge of failing the senior history project. If that happens, Ted will be sent to military academy. This will have dire consquences for their fledging garage band, Wyld Stallyns.

Unbeknowst to the our two heroes, Wyld Stallyns is destined to be the greatest rock band in history. Their music will cure disease, rebuild the ozone layer and cause world peace. Future society will be based on their teachings of "Party on dude!" and "Be excellent to each other".

To make sure that Bill & Ted pass their history project, Rufus takes a time machine shaped like a phone booth back to them. They use it to travel through time and collect historical figures to use in their presentation. Of course, their presentation is most excellent and Wyld Stallyns is saved.

The sequel, "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" chronicles the events after they graduate. They are about to enter the San Dimas Battle of the Bands contest, which is destined to catapult them to super stardom. Unfortunately, Denomulos, a renegade from Rufus's time period, is out to stop them.

Denumulos sebds evil robot versions of Bill and Ted back through time where they kill their counterparts. Bill and Ted are first sent to hell. They escape and play bargin with Death to return them to life. Death agrees and whisks them to heaven, where they meet Station, the universe's most brilliant scientist.

Station agrees to build good robot version of Bill and Ted. The group rushes to the Battle of the Bands, where they learn that the evil robots are planning to murder Bill and Ted's girlfriends at the climax of the show. Bill and Ted manage to outsmart their evil robot selves, and Denomulos. They rescue the babes and play the show.

As promised, Wyld Stallyn's music brings forth a golden age. World peace is acheived and meaningful communication with all forms of life is possible. The movie closes with a montage of headlines demonstrating their impact on humanity.

Guest Karana Majin

I'm trying to parse that sentence... am I a stick in the mud? Or representing my ajah? or did you think Ender mistook me? *scratches head*

Or was it just one of those statements... LOL.

"Be excellent to each other!" I think I will say this to my students this week. Repeatedly.

True Story: When we did a christmas gift exchange with the MA students at my grad school I lucked out and won Excellent Adventure.

And I even broke down and made a sig, because now I have photoshop at work AND I DESPERATELY don't want to be working.

Archived