DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Birthday, Robert Jordan

Sakaea

*tears*

I still remember the day I found out about Jordan's passing. It was 3 days or so after his death, and I'd gone on his blog to check the status of his health (At the time, I was not a DM member, but I checked the blog every few months or so for updates) and I saw that post from WIlson about his passing.

I cried so hard for about 5 minutes, then I called my best friend, the woman who first introduced me to WoT.

She was upset too.

Happy Birthday,:jordan:

Thank you for posting this, Sakaea!

My sister, Kara_J, sent me an urgent message with the news. Even though we knew he was ill, I think we all convinced ourselves that all the moral support from the fans would somehow see him through. We cried a lot.

I definitely cried too!

As odd as it sounds, my life wouldn't be my life without these books. I started reading them at 10 and they very literally got me through middle, high school, college, and grad school. They are how I met my husband, and how I've met such wonderful people throughout the world.

:wub: Thank you RJ. You are missed.

My friend didn't even know he'd been sick. SHe'd been so busy with being a new mom, she missed the news.

I have a local buddy who reads the series with a signed hardback copy of EoTW.

His reaction was, "Cool, now my book is worth more."

Jerk.

Archived