DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final Fantasy X Remake

murf2011

Would've posted this in the Final Fantasy thread, but it's locked for some reason...

Some Final Fantasy fans may spend their days begging for a remake of Final Fantasy VII, but that's apparently still not in the cards. What is coming, however, is an HD upgrade for last-gen favorite Final Fantasy X.At Sony's Tokyo Game Show press conference, Square Enix took the stage to announce a few titles for the PlayStation Vita. The sole new PS3 announcement was an HD version of Final Fantasy X which will also make its way to the Vita.

Square said we can look forward to hearing more information on Final Fantasy X HD in the near future, as the title is already well under way. It's currently unclear if the game will be a direct port with upgraded graphics or if Square will possibly offer some new content. Either way, I'm personally quite excited for the excuse to replay one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles.

• Community Administrator

I opened the original FF topic back up, as its possible I may have accidently locked it from my mobile. (Stupid thing, you click one button, and it decides "NO, your clicking this one!"

However having its own thread won't hurt anything, but you can still post that they are remaking it in that thread if you want to, and link back to this thread. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

will this be a playstation exclusive?

Most likely, unfortunately, as they would have to re-create the game to adapt to the xbox 360, rather than just updating the graphics for the PS3.

Karas, how did you figure that? I never really thought it was emo..

They are probably targeting X because it has been structured in such a way that the redevelopment costs would be minor. XIII I played once for about six hours then put back on my shelf never to be touched again (same thing I did with X-II) and XIV (like XI) is not a true final fantasy game so I didn't even bother to look in it's direction. A real remake of VII (not some simple port) would be sweet, though I have to say that is true for all of the early FF titles. Since IX they have taken a turn for the worse, X seemed a solid game for the most part (though I hated the main character and the ending) as was XII; but recently they are just... *groans* anyway I think I will stop talking about it else I'll start ranting.

A X remake? Cool, guess that means I'll actually have to play and beat X one of these days. . .

I started playing X but never got into it oddly enough. I guess I didn't have the time when I tried. Still, a remake would be cool.

XII/i was, yeah. There was practically no flexibility in gameplay, it was completely linear (one of the things I really liked about XII, you could go around and do a lot of things outside the story line; I like at least having that option in an rpg game), and none of the characters were really that interesting to me, they all seemed super stereotypical and superficial. Plus, from the few hours I played the game, there was no real edge to it to me. No intense hook to get you in the game, and no good nasty twists that messed with your psyche.

What I would really love is either a Chrono Trigger or Xenogears remake (especially if they fleshed out the second half to include more game play). I know those games don't necessarily have the same marketability as final fantasy games and remakes, but it would be really sweet. I recall they were thinking about a Chrono Trigger remake a few years ago but it never got out of development for some reason. Maybe there are copywrite issues too that I'm not aware of, especially for Xenogears. Still, for a game that they originally ran out of time and development for, it's an amazing game with decent gameplay and very intricate story, and I'd love to either see a remake or a game in the same universe (no, Xenosaga you do not count).

I'd also love to see a remake of VII or VI.

Anyhoo, cool news! Maybe after this remake, they'd consider remaking the graphics of a few other final fantasy or other Square-Enix games, or combining existing ones into combination packages with slight improvements. Couldn't hurt their business, and it wouldn't be too expensive to do I can imagine. You have a solid fan base for most of the older games anyway, why not go back to that style or standard for future games?

I wonder if the Final Fantasy line will really ever have a fantastic follow up to great games like IX and X (and XII in my opinion, but feel free to differ). Maybe this strategy to remake a game, then possibly some others, makes sense to sort of reset and regroup.

Final Fantasy X was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played and beaten, which is one of the reasons why it's my favorite Final Fantasy game out of all the ones I've played so far, so I don't think it needs a remake, but I hope it's a success.

me too though I'd love to see an updated version of it (YAY ACHIEVEMENTS...ERRR...TROPHIES?)

Qauzie, I believe it will still be exactly the same in terms of gameplay and story, they're only updating the graphics so they can bump it up onto a blu-Ray disc and make it for the PS3

Oh, that's good to know! Thanks for telling us about it! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

FFX is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, and I am really excited for the remake. Having them put it on PS3 will be amazing. The updated graphics will be amazing. I wouldn't mind if they did trophies like they did for FFXIII, that was kinda fun. One of the coolest scenes will be the lake scene, of course! I hope this materializes soon, so we don't have to wait years for it. FFXIII-2 will keep me busy in the meantime, as well as my replays of all the other FF games^_^

Archived