DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Travelling

Turin Turambar

I've been to the top of Mount Olympus...well nearly the top, the Greeks wouldn't let us go to the very top as it was raining really hard and the path had become dangerous, but I wasn't that far off. One day I will go back and get to the top and say hi to Zeus and his cronies!

*has much jealousy* I want to do that!

Let's see I've been up and down the west coast of the US, and to Germany, France, and the Czech Republic. Germany was fun till one of the exchange boys hooked up with my host sister. THEN it got teenage and emo. *big sigh* Prague is beautiful once you get into the old town and up toward the castle. France is...well full of French, I always heard people in France were rude and they didn't let me down...course in there defense the Americans with me at the time were being rude as well. So I guess it worked out both ways. Although everyone was nice to me, but I think that had more to do with the fact I wasn't being rude to everyone else. I used German more then English when I was out and about and most people spoke German everywhere I was except in Prague, but they mostly speak English there so it was no big.

The Ugly Americans v. the Rude French tonight on Deathmatch... :biggrin: Prague, I guess old Prague is always described as beautiful. I would defintely like to add that to the want to see list.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to Greece many times...visited the Acropolis about 4 times...Knossos 2 times, King Philips tomb (Alexander's Dad) and also many of the Islands...which are idyllic...I really love the history of the place, so I think that draws me back...and Greek dancing in a Taverna is great fun!

I was lucky enough to do two study abroads while I was in college. The first was my sophomore year I took a coral reef ecology class during the month of January (my school has a Jan-term) and we went to Honduras for scuba diving for two weeks. We did about 30 dives in two week.

The 2nd was a summer program called The British Studies at Oxford. I went to Oxford University in England and took a class on Tolkien (!!1!) and the History of British Science from Victorian era to modern.

Probably the best summer of my college life.

... i been to jersey for tax free shopping a couple times.

I have never been to Jersey for tax free shopping... :biggrin:

I was lucky enough to do two study abroads while I was in college. The first was my sophomore year I took a coral reef ecology class during the month of January (my school has a Jan-term) and we went to Honduras for scuba diving for two weeks. We did about 30 dives in two week.

The 2nd was a summer program called The British Studies at Oxford. I went to Oxford University in England and took a class on Tolkien (!!1!) and the History of British Science from Victorian era to modern.

Probably the best summer of my college life.

I´m jealous. I want to study Tolkien at Oxford University!

Ok, I've traveled all up and down the east coast of the US, to Indianapolis, Chicago, LA and Oahu. I've been to Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and other small towns in Spain. I've been to the Black Forest and surrounding areas in Germany. I went to Geneva and up in the Alps and to the Jungfraujoch railway station. I went to Paris and a few of the surrounding towns in France.

I have got to say I liked Geneva and Barcelona the best with Germany right behind. I'm planning some future trips, next one is to Hong Kong. :)

Wow. My gateway overheated there for a second. Must have been working DM and FB at the same time. St. Thomas was my fav of all the islands down there. Nice, not too crazy and soooooooo beautiful. the part of Jamaica I went thru, yikes. I wish I had my glock. We weren't on the resort side.

malaysia was .. interesting. cute young hijabis at the airport bearing submachine guns was a bit of a shock initially.

we got stuck in this massive traffic jam. A cop rides down the footpath on his motorbike and stops at a car just down from us.

Turns out the driver had fallen asleep in the heat. if you fell asleep at the wheel where i'm from, you'd lose your licence.

the cop their just woke him up and off we all went again.

too humid though.. once you leave the house you start sweating and as soon as you go back you shower, crank the aircon and never want to go again for the day.

There is a fruit there that is like a cross between a capsicum and an apple.

I call it an apsicum. capsicle would probably be an acceptable name also.

I wish we could get them here.

Yosemite park in California is nother beautiful place if you like nature and trees and don't mind bears.

I have been there and it was very beautiful. I have taken one of my best photos ever there at a waterfall. I also got a photo of me and my sister beside a Bear Warning Sign. We had some laughs because I pronounced it wrong a couple of times and said beer warning. You know me and English...

Archived