DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings. New Member - Brujah

brujah

Hello. What's going on World? Just started reading Book 11. Read Eye of the World probably 15+ years ago back in High School. Kept up with series for a while. As I started reading again after so long I couldnt remember a lot so I searched for a recap site, and also landed here. Id actually given up reading for a while. Then when the HBO Series Game of Thrones came on, I couldnt remember why it seemed so familiar. It was because I had read the first half of Game of Thrones many many many many years ago. So I read the first 4 books , and Im not spending 30 bucks on the new book until its cheaper. So I decided to finish this series(which of course is the best series ever). And considering Ive read almost every single GOOD fantasy series out there, thats a huge compliment. I also live in Rock Hill, SC, which is 3 hours north of Charleston(where Robert Jordan lived). I visit high school friends in Summerville, and Charleston a few times a year, and actually met Robert at a restaurant many years ago. I had actually thought not to finish the series when I learned of his passing, and the fact that it wouldnt be him writing it, but oh well. Anyway. Hello.

Hi,

If you dont like spoilers or havent finished all the books in the series so far - post/read the structured Wheel of Time forum.

If you have read all books - go nuts.

If you like roleplay - Nynaeve can tell you all about it, when she's not watching TV.

Tell us who your favourite characters are and what your favourite scene was in WoT !!

Get to know the natives. Most of them arent bad although some are a little over-enthusiastic.........

Peas.

My favorite character is Matt. I'm a gambler. I prefer a Q-staff(which I practice with RL) to swords. Hard to remember favorite scenes. Its been many years sinse Ive read the books. But I'd have to say the opening scene to the series itself is what got me into the series and kept me reading. I didnt like the cover art, I had one of the old versions, and back then it meant alot. The opening seen with Lews Therin having killed everyone, standing in the middle of some of the most powerful people in the world(all dead) was very interesting. I found the book to be kind of boring at first. I didnt really get into it until maybe book 3. I like the fight between Matt and Galad and Gawayn(not sure if I spelled those right). I'm gonna have to read a recap.

EDIT: As for roleplay: the only text RP Ive done existed back when Yahoo had Chat rooms. 1999-2001 or so. Ayenee. Freestyle text based RP. And I play on an RP server in WoW.

530am here. I started reading book 11 around midnight after work. I've been reading George Martin for the last couple months. Needless to say I forgot just how great a writer Jordan is. I mean I always knew this and proclaimed it in the past, but its been years. He makes other authors(not all) seem like childsplay. My only complaint is that theres so many Aes Sedai names, and I hate that I can remember their names but not who they are and what they did. It's driving me crazy trying to catch up. Too many powerful women running around. And Im not the kind of person that can reread a book. Even if I have forgotten 75 percent of it, I cant read them again knowing the main parts of whats going to happen.

EDIT: Pankhuri, I'll save that story for another time/thread. But it was only a very brief encounter a good many years ago. Not polite to badger a man while he's eating. And no I dont remember what he ordered. Place was called Poogan's. I hear his wife actually comes to this site? Is that true? I wonder if they went there often.

Welcome to DM, Bruhja. This is a great place for all WoT geeks. You can discuss the books and make new friends. Check out the different boards and see what interests you. I would highly recommend joining a social group because there is where you get to know people. Every social group has its own theme and you can pick one that you think would match your interests. I´m a member of Black Tower, Aiel and Shayol Ghul. If you have any questions just send me a PM.

Hello and welcome to DM!

I know all the names are hard, but that's one thing in WoT that makes it even more realistic! And I recommend the re-reading (I'm still on my first read-through on WoT, but usually I love it)

It's easier for you when the AMOL comes out and you remember what has happened that far.

Anyways, enjoy yourself in DM!

Hi person who read an entry of my blog!!!!

Dewa, I'mma gonna beat you with a stick. MY QUESTIONS!!! :P

Robert Jordan was on this site quite often (his blog is on here), and I know that Harriet was on sometimes too, back when he was alive. I'm not sure if that is still the case. I would love to talk with her though! Brandon apparently sticks his nose in every now and then and just lurks looking at the conversation but not participating. This isn't very often though, as it is rather distracting :P

Well, if you insist on not doing a reread, then go here but BE CAREFUL and only read up to the point where you're at because this site will have MAJOR spoilers for you. I mean it. Be very careful. If I find out that it ruined something for you I shall be upset and feel like it's my fault :P

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_beginning

welcome to dm!! Poke around and see where you want to participate :D

Welcome to Dragonmount.com, Brujah.

Your username has most definitely got my attention, because it is also the same name of my most favorite clan of Vampires from White Wolf publishing's Vampire the Masquerade. Are you also a fan of Vampire the Masquerade? The Brujah Clan vampires are the best, the most fun, and also the most interesting vampires in ALL of the roleplaying game known as Vampire the Masquerade. In fact, my very first vampire that I ever created for this rpg from White Wolf was a Brujah vampire who was embraced after the Second Crusade over eight hundred years ago. I have been roleplaying that character for over 10 years. Of course, he is not the only VtM vampire character I've created and roleplayed, but that Brujah elder vampire of mine is by far the best and most favorite vampire I have. .... Clan Brujah vampires ROCK and kick ass.. big time.

We have many different forums and sub-forums where you can discuss practically anything that you want; including discussions that are not WOT based, but on just about anything else in this world that you might want to discuss. I encourage you to browse the forums, read and also participate in the countless discussions that are ongoing.

Also, some of the places where WOT fans can have the most fun are in the various Social Groups here, based upon different groups written by Robert Jordan in the Wheel of Time. These Social Groups include, but are not limited by; the Aiel, The White Tower, The Black Tower, the Ogier, and Shayol Ghul.

If you are interested, post what you like best in The Wheel of Time series, and then you can be given suggestions as to which ones of the Social Groups on Dragonmount that you might like. Dragonmount also has roleplay forums for those whom want to immerse themselves in character into the most fascinating fantasy world ever created, the world of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

You have found what I believe is the very best fan forum and message board for a fictional series of books. Also, I believe without a shred of an iota of doubt in my mind that The Wheel of Time series is the VERY BEST series of fictional novels that has ever been written. Stick around here long enough, and I can promise you that not only will you meet cool and interesting people online, but also that you will become friends with some whom you regularly interact.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me at any time.

Yes. I use to be into VtM big time. I was the dork who played Live Action Dungeons and Dragons style games, but we played GURPS(Generic Universal Roleplaying System) instead, not DnD. GURPS was a great start, but later I found that VtM was far superior.

We did LARP and a lot of text based online RP with White Wolf and VtM worlds as our bases. After about our 3rd year, I earned the right to GM a very powerful Antediluvian named Brujah. The Antediluvians were the heads of the 13 clans, and of course the Brujah Clan head was Troile, but I was given the opportunity to play Brujah, himself, said to be one of the oldest living vampires with the only older being Caine. And although I liked the Brujah Clan, it was my SECOND favorite. I ended up dedicating most of my time into playing an Assamite antitribu.

Assamites became my favorite clan, being known for the best killer of other vampires. "Tal'mahe'ra Mother****ers!" I use to say. "Tal'mahe'ra" being the True Black Hand. In fact(if you promise not to laugh) I still have an old website I made probably at least 10 years ago. So it was very primitive, for I had primitive skills back then. And my choice of Sean Connery for a pic was actually just a place holder that I never updated. Again I did this LONG ago, so forgive me.

The Main Site that I settup was:

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/Unconquered/TrueHand.html

The first character in the list was mine(Vistani). The direct link is.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/Unconquered/Vistani.html

Seems like SOOO long ago. But it was def fun. That brought back many memories.

Tal.gif

EDIT: Didnt realize how unstable Angelfire was. The bandwidth they allocate is pathetic. Had to swap images over from Angelfire to Home.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to get invited to the social groups from your "Introduce Yourself" post through PMs? Or do you have to post something in a particular Social Forum.

Nope you don't have to be invited.

Just drop by their board and there's a thread stickied at the top that you can post in to sign up to the Social Group. I imagine it's the same for all social groups, though I'm way too lazy to check :D

Nyn

Archived