DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fresh blood

Mablung

Hi Tobias! Welcome to DM. This is the perfect place to be in if you are a great WoT fan. I´m obviously a great fan too. :biggrin:

Please tell us a bit about yourself. Do you have any favorite books or favorite characters? My favorite book is always the last one I read although the Gathering Storm is high up on my list. My favorite character is Min. I could of course name lots of great characters but some of my favorites, except from Min, are Rand, Avhienda, Nynaeve, Moiraine, Moridin, Graendal, Perrin and Mat.

I see that you have been here for some month so you might be familiar with this place already. If you are not please look around and see what you might be interested in. There are WoT discussions, social groups and role playing. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.

I hope you will have a great time here at DM!

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy it. You'll find info on here which will change how you percieve many of the events in the books and how the way the world in the WoT works.

Generally speaking most of the people on here seem to be pretty nice. 'cept for that one guy. :mellow:

My favourite characters are probably the three boys, Rand, Mat and Perrin - for differing reasons.

I like Nynaeve too as she's really maturing as a character.

My favourite book... until that guy ruined it for me.... was the tEotW because I love how it takes these small group of people and thrusts them out into this big dangerous new world.

Oh yeah. THAT guy. >.>

Welcome Tobais! Tina already touched the important points so you mind her and follow her lead. Doesn't make you any less of a man, I promsie ;)

I hope you enjoy DM, keep an open mind and give everything a try because it's totally worth it.

If you have any questions or want to chat feel free to contact me via a private message. I love getting them. Brightens my day ^_^

Cheers,

Nyn

Do you have any favorite books or favorite characters?

My favorite character is most certainly Rand al'Thor. The others are nice too, except for the Aes Sedai. I really detest them. So haughty. As for the books, I like all of them, but the first three more than the rest.

There are WoT discussions, social groups and role playing.

I noticed, and I should add that I am not unfamiliar with these things as I am registered in the Bulgarian Wheel of Time RP forum since some time now. Yes, we do have such a thing, although we are a mere handful of geeks. In fact, I suspect some others of our users have registrations here.

"That guy"? Now I am curious. Looking forward to meeting him.

Thank you all for your warm welcome.

WELCOME

I know a lot of guys who might be "that guy" so could I have a hint?

Well Tobias you probably wouldn't want to join the WT social group then ;) unless you wanna be a Warder

Dew could probably enjoy himself everywhere...

But both of you can poke your noses around and see where you feel comfortable :) I'm personally a part of four social groups and am considering a fifth so yeah they're all awesome :)

To Dewairah: Bulgaria is a beautiful small country situated in the center of the Balkans. In fact, the longest mountain range in Bulgaria called Stara

Planina (meaning "Old Mountain") gave its name to the peninsula (some people still call this mountain Balkan).

Yes, mountains. We have a lot of those. Just beside my home city, Sofiya (also written Sofia), the capitol of Bulgaria, stands Vitosha. I can catch tram number 5 and get off on its final stop. Cross a street and the climbing begins. Highest point - Cherni ("Black") peak with its 2290 meters above the sea level.

Rila is our tallest mountain. Highest point, in Bulgaria and on the Balkans, Moussala peak (2925m). For comparison, that's higher than the famous Olympus in near Greece. "Moussala" is derived from Turkish and means "near Allah". Why the Turkish? Well, Bulgaria was conquered by Turkey back when they were called the Ottoman empire. 1396 to be exact. We have been almost 500 years under their rule, until Russia liberated us in 1876.

Short history lesson over, back to Rila. If you ever come to Bulgaria, be sure to visit the Rila monastery. The Seven Rila Lakes are a fine tourist attraction too.

As for other mountains - Pirin, named after the Slavic god of thunder and lightning Perun, is said to be one of the most beautiful mountains in Bulgaria, alongside the Rhodope mountains.

Alright, enough with those mountains. If you are into caving, there is a lot to be offered in Bulgaria. Also we have lots and lots of mineral springs. If you enjoy skiing, like I do, Bansko is where you need to go. And during the summer you can visit the Black sea. The fish is extremely tasty when it is fresh. Our sea is no good for surfing, I'm afraid, although you can try wind or kite surfing.

From what I mentioned above you might have guessed our country has rich history. That is correct. Bulgaria was founded in 681 A.D. making it one of the oldest states in Europe. We've lots of museums. If you're interested in such things, this is the town you might want to visit.

I could go on but that would make this post too long.

What do you dislike?
What I dislike here is the chalga. Damn, this thing is so popular! :sad: Our roads are in a notoriously bad condition. Aaaand I don't think there's a politician here who is not corrupt. In fact, we will soon have president and, uh... governor (or should I say mayor? our system is a bit different) elections. Just heard on the news some guys registered a donkey named Marko as a candidate for the third largest city Varna. And when they interviewed one of the men he said 'Donkeys and politicians may appear to be different, but they have one thing in common: when their master takes their reins, they go where he wants.' That's pretty much my opinion too (of our politicians).

Archived