DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dreamspikes

True Source Creator

When Graendal is summoned to Moridin shortly after Aran'gar's death, Moridin gives her one Dreamspike, but he tells her there is another one already in use. Obviously this means one of the Forsaken is using it, and at first I was thinking that Moridin gave it to Cyndane, since I knew she would enter Rand's dreams at the end of the book (yeah, I kind of spoiled myself by accident). But then as I came to read about the Dreamspike in the Perrin chapters, I realized that's not what a Dreamspike does. So I connected the dots to what's going on at the Black Tower. The Aes Sedai stationed there, along with the Asha'man, cannot Travel in the Black Tower grounds. So, is the second Dreamspike being used on the Black Tower, and if so, is it Moridin or Demandred doing it. I'm leaning toward Demandred, with him having some form of Compulsion on Taim, since RJ denied him actually being Taim. Plus, if it is Demandred and he is using Compulsion on Taim, then Demandred himself can safely avoid being trapped inside the Dreamspike like the Asha'man.

Am I on the right path? Thoughts, suggestions?

Indeed. But there seems to be much more to suggest a relationship directly between Taim and Moridin, than Demandred and Taim.

Please don't. Just don't. This argument has been had many times, and most people seem to conclude "it could be either, not enough evidence either way".

Most likely, Taim followed orders from Demandred until Moridin returned, at which point Taim started answering directly to Moridin. But they seem to be working together. Most likely the plan was Demandred's, and the dreamspike was Moridin's. And Taim will probably take orders from both of them, but he's like Moridin's little pet.

Yes, Moridin gave Taim the spike.

Yes, Taim and Moridin use the same colours.

Yes, Taim sometimes quotes the same OT doggerel Demandred quotes.

Yes, Taim is a bad guy.

Is this enough evidence to conclude Moridin= Taim ? No

Is there evidence suggesting Moridin is not Taim? Yes.

But it's not conclusive for those who wish to think up peculiar (but not impossible things) like undetectable TP mirrors of mist and the apparent differences between their timelines and behaviour patterns and the contradictory orders they've issued.

Is Taim under Compulsion?

He shows little sign of it but he may not if the Compulsion is clever.

I think we'll have to wait for the Perrin smell test. Perrin has smelled Taim. If he smells Moridin, he'll know if they're the same person.

Demandred is in Murandy. Moridin is the one compelling/controlling/being Taim.

The fact that Demandred is Roedran (is that already considered a fact?), doesn't mean he isn't controlling Taim. As some people say at the Demandred thread, we haven't seen it for so long, because it is not the only thing he does. I agree with Terez that the main thing Demandred was planning was the Battle of Caemlin. And the Black Tower is at only four leagues of Caemlin (or was it four miles?).

Demandred is in Murandy. Moridin is the one compelling/controlling/being Taim.

The fact that Demandred is Roedran (is that already considered a fact?), doesn't mean he isn't controlling Taim. As some people say at the Demandred thread, we haven't seen it for so long, because it is not the only thing he does. I agree with Terez that the main thing Demandred was planning was the Battle of Caemlin. And the Black Tower is at only four leagues of Caemlin (or was it four miles?).

It's not a canon fact, no; just all the available info points in that direction. Also, no direct connection that Mori is in charge of Taim, although wearing Mori's colors and having red/black scheme all around him is a clue, since Mori clothes both Cyn and Moggie in his colors as a sign that he is in charge of them.

Archived