DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Octopi

ed2funy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can do Algebra, you can do Chemistry. The math isn't that bad. There are some things to memorize, all of which I have forgotten since I haven't used any of it for 20 years. HS chem isn't that fun cause they don't let you play with the chemicals very much(liability). College is a little better. I had fun learning in the Navy caue they teach what you will do and you get to use the real stuff.

Wow, all that is way out of my league... I've got a short atention span and hate being stuck inside studying. I'll take a physical job that you don't need a degree for over University any day.

Having said that, I did understand all those jokes, so I must have learned more in school than I thought :happy:

Turin, what did you do in the Navy?

It sounds pretty cool! How ong did you serve for? Or are you still?

I've long considered joining the army or any of the armed forces really, but I can't stand not to be working with horses so I don't think I'l ever go through with it, also I now have too many pets lol

If you can do Algebra, you can do Chemistry.

it pains me to contradict a man (no, really, patriarchal religious school can do that to you), but i have disproven this theory, unless you throw out my data cause it skews the sample.

algebra was very instinctive, never even had to study, it was just sentence logic. showed up an hour late to the regents (thought it was in the afternoon), finished early, and got 100.

chemistry was fail from day 1. like someone was speaking in tongues...

of course, 15 was a very... difficult... year for the thinking parts of my brain... but it was the same year as geometry, and that was also super easy for me.

so i think the number sense may be more important than you realize, probably because it is not a sense you lack. like how people with a sense of smell tend not to die cause of a gas leak and stuff.

it makes me very uncomfortable, if i have any respect for him. there's more to it than just the y chromasome, but, yeah, in general.

there are things they put in your head when you're young that you never can get out.

but it's ok, in my line of work, i'm mostly dealing with female bosses, and i've made most of them cry at one time or another. which is pretty lame on their parts, tbh, and probably intended to be manipulative, so.

um.... this in no way applies to my feelings for you or any other DM women. i think there's a certain sci-fi/fantasy state of mind that trans... spelling... goes beyond traditional gender roles...

sigh. i don;t mean to offend, but i can see where this might, and i'm sorry if it does. not the intent. :blush:

It sounds pretty cool! How ong did you serve for? Or are you still?

I've long considered joining the army or any of the armed forces really, but I can't stand not to be working with horses so I don't think I'l ever go through with it, also I now have too many pets lol

The commitment was for 6 years. That was 20 years ago. Sometimes I wish I had stayed in. Your right in that pets and military life don't really go together and it sounds like your happiest around animals. Working with horses sounds pretty cool too. I'm more of a city type but I can see the attraction.

and Des, Tell us all of your exploits in the Air Force. All military types and their stories are welcome.

i found geometry was the gateway drug to talmud. which was the gateway drug to... well, that should be painfully obvious. i got more logic out of it than math, but i don't get math out of anything, really. i did wake up out of a sound sleep one night about 15 years ago and suddenly understood the point of trig. a decade too late, but still nice to know.

It took me forever to remember what thread I asked someone to ask what I did in the Air Force, just now found it.

I was in Avionics, I fixed electronic components to F-15 fighter jets. I helped keep the systems in good repair that made the F-15 the most dominant fighter jet this planet has ever seen. To date, it has never been taken down in a combat scenario. Has a 125-0 record in combat or something. It's so dominant most enemies won't even put aircraft in the air if they know F-15's are patrolling the area.

And yet the F-22 raptor completely smokes it. Too bad they're still too expensive to manufacture and maintain.

The commitment was for 6 years. That was 20 years ago. Sometimes I wish I had stayed in. Your right in that pets and military life don't really go together and it sounds like your happiest around animals. Working with horses sounds pretty cool too. I'm more of a city type but I can see the attraction.

and Des, Tell us all of your exploits in the Air Force. All military types and their stories are welcome.

It's such a shame, I really would love to do it. I doubt they'd appreciate me rocking up on their doorstep with 2 horses, a dog and 7 calves in tow. :tongue:

(yeah... none of the ones i've heard actually would be in PG13... but not a military type myself, so will read the sanitized stories with enjoyment.)

Ya know, I was going to say providing you can whilst keeping it PG-13, and then I thought, nah thats a bit too presumptuous.

Should'a gone with my gut feeling! lol

It took me forever to remember what thread I asked someone to ask what I did in the Air Force, just now found it.

I was in Avionics, I fixed electronic components to F-15 fighter jets. I helped keep the systems in good repair that made the F-15 the most dominant fighter jet this planet has ever seen. To date, it has never been taken down in a combat scenario. Has a 125-0 record in combat or something. It's so dominant most enemies won't even put aircraft in the air if they know F-15's are patrolling the area.

And yet the F-22 raptor completely smokes it. Too bad they're still too expensive to manufacture and maintain.

Lol! I do that all the time, there are some convos of mine I still haven't found! Appologies to anyone I've left hanging!

Now that is also very, very cool! And that is a bloody impressive record, I vaguely remember my cousin telling me something about that. He's in the Air Force, he's given us some pretty awesome tours backstage at the Air Show.

When and how long did you serve for?

And you're all making me extremely jealous!!!

Yeah were big heroes Des. You were a mechanic and I was a plumber. Friends of mine that were Air Force said the best part was being stationed overseas. Where were you stationed?

LMAO, good one Turin. At least I wasn't pushing crack in the meantime like you had to (plumber joke).

I was stationed on Kadena ABS, Okinawa Japan. 4 and out starting in 2003.

I too heard stories from those islands I'll probably never be able to tell anyone else without feeling the strong need for a shower afterwards. There's even a good amount of those stories that happened on my own island, since we had a good bit of filipino immigrants. The red light district over there was affectionately labeled "Disneyland" by the servicemen, and the juicy bars were a complete scam.

Archived