DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Spoiler Thread] GRRM's Dance with Dragons

Red2111

Who else thinks Hound is still alive? Despite being proclaimed dead by that monk priestofathingie?

Think it is pretty obvious, we caught glimpses of that over sized Brother at the Monastery who is almost certain to be Sandor and his warhorse is stabled there. It's likely the Elder Brother thinks the Hound was just one aspect of his personality which was buried as he becomes a new person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right so I just finished this.

My thoughts:

Tyrion chapters bored me half to sleep. Daenerys is annoying me more and more, and with the return of Aegon I totally wouldn't mind if she died and all her friends and dragons went off to help Aegon instead (won't happen I know). By far the chapters I enjoyed the most were Conningtons (especially the last one), Davos (my new favourite character), Theon (poor Theon) and Asha (mainly because she was with Stannis). I also didn't mind Jon's chapters though I'm not a fan of how that ended.

Bran's role seemed rather insignificant in this book to me. The coolest part of it was getting to see some "children" of the forest.

At the moment I hope Dorne declares for Aegon after he captures Storms Reach. Add to that most of the Stormlands and maybe some lesser lords of the Reach. Together with Varys' sabotage in Kings Landing it should be enough to crush Highgarden (seeing as the Lannisters seem all but broken at this point). In the North I think and hope that Ramsay was lying. Stannis defeating Bolton would be sweet, preferably with Manderly turning on Bolton at some crucial moment. I can also totally see Stannis bending the knee to Aegon, seeing as Aegon IS the rightful king (I seem to remember Stannis having a hard time deciding between following his brother into rebellion or not seeing as it was against the law).

That's all what I hope happens though. Knowing GRRM, Aegon will probably be betrayed sometime during the next book and end up dead. Also seems like Daenerys has been in the game for too long now to be replaced by someone we just met, hopefully he'll find a way to unite them in a way that makes sense.

Quentyn's story just seemed rather unecesary. Victarion has turned from a character I totally sympathized with to someone who frightens me a little (although still totally bad ass). Barristan is as cool as ever, and it seems rather obvious that Dany will swoop down on the battle with Drogon and an entire Khalasar at her back thus ending the squabble with the Slaver states. Her dragons and Victarions navy will probably crush the Volantenes afterwards as well. (And still have enough ships to return to Westeros ASAP I hope, flamming tired of Slavers Bay already).

Anyway that's my little rant over. TL;DR: Good book, me like. Hodor.

• 3 months later...

Just finished the book finally....

Lots of changes and lots of plots going on here.

Aegon >> I wish there was more foreshadowing from Varys that he was harboring another Targ. Seems rather Deus Ex Machina to have a Targ with a well trained and equiped loyal army pop up out of no where. Aegon seems to have a Alexander the Great / Julius Caeser feel to him. Of course I got abad feeling when he demanded to lead the attack on Storm's End. Bad things happen when an inexperienced general takes control, just ask Hitler at the Battle of Stalingrad.

However I don't think he is the Dragon that will be the hero of the books. Danny has proven that only the Blood of the Dragon can resist being burned. The prophecies about the Aegon (we think) call him the "Mummer's Dragon". Mummer means false, fake, or an acting job. This leads me to think that he is not the Aegon or else he is not the True Heir of the Targs. It is entirely possible that Varys raised a bastard of of the Mad King or found an orphan with Valaryian blood. I think it will end badly for this boy claiming to be Aegon. Remember, his original mission was to join up with Danny and her dragons before beginning the assault of Westeros. Thanks to Tyrion and hte Pentos War with Mereen, Aegon activated the Golden Company too soon.

Jon >> I hope he survives. If he does, the Watch will reject his leadership. He then would be free to take it to the Boltons with his Wildling Army and Stannis's leftovers. If you remember, Robb signed the deed and title of Winterfell over to Jon right before he was killed. That must play a part in Jon's story sometime. This is it.

Also, if wargs get 10 lives, and Robb was a warg.... does that mean Robb is coming back? Maybe no because his wolf was killed as well?

Danny>> Meh. I like her a a chacter, but she wrote herself into a corner with the "Mereenese Knot" she was tied up in. She needed to get out of there. Now she is free of there for now and her hair is burned off again. When her hair burns, it means change is afoot.

Cersi>> Not done yet. Just bidiing her time. She asked for that old manipulator back jsut before Kevan got toasted.

Victorian>> What is taking him so long????? His last scene had him practically at the harbor of Mereen, but then a week later he still hasn't started to destroy the enemy fleet. Continnuity problem?

Stannis >> He's fine. Bolton lied. With the Bank of Braavos backing, he can buy the Northmen away from Bolton and make Ramsey his bed b*tch for thre rest of his short life.

Manderlay >> Awesome, almost as good as Verin.

UHm... that's it for now...

Also the Banker said that he stopped by Winterfell looking for Stannis but found it held only by a few people beating drums. A) Where did Bolton march to if not to meet Stannis? The Wall to face Jon Snow? B) Stannis needs to high tail it to Winterfell and take it while it is empty.

Also the Banker said that he stopped by Winterfell looking for Stannis but found it held only by a few people beating drums. A) Where did Bolton march to if not to meet Stannis? The Wall to face Jon Snow? B) Stannis needs to high tail it to Winterfell and take it while it is empty.

all questions answered in a new Theon chapter on his website. Yep no joke, and its good too

all questions answered in a new Theon chapter on his website. Yep no joke, and its good too

Thanks, that was a great read. And now I'm desperate to read TWOW...biggrin.gif

Few small things. Someone mentioned being sad that Drogon ate a child, but the book does say that the bones could have been faked. Or the death by dragon could have been faked. So don't get sad just yet.

Jon is NOT freakin dead. Either that sorceress will save him, or SOMETHING. But he lives. And not as Ghost. Jon is the child of Rhaegar's rape of Llyana Stark. So Ned wasn't lying to him when they parted ways. He didn't tell Jon, " you're my son," he said "you're a Stark." Jon will either ride a dragon or Bran will slip into one or both.

Ned DID have bastard child, but its that Darkstar character. Ned thinks his bastard child dead,.brings Jon back as his own to save him, knowing he's a stark. Darkstar is half stark half Dayne.

The tower of dreams scene is only briefly mentioned when Ned is recovering from his leg wound but I bet ends up being a greatly significant point. Ned arrives with 6 others and 7 vs 4 at the tower where rhaegar has llyana kidnapped fights Authur Dayne and 3 other of the greatest swordsmen . But that's all we know. Ned obviously wins but it took 7 against 4 and only Ned of his 7 lives I believe.

I think there's lots of new twists in store.

Jon is NOT AA reborn. Jaime Lannister is. And ultimately saves the world.

We know the Others are a type of Vampire. The first will end up being one of the first men to embrace the cold and turn to the dark side of the force, betraying his entire people to death for the power to endure the long winter.

I disagree with people claiming Rhollor and The 3 eyed crow/old gods as enemies. She was just mistaken when she saw 3ec as the head enemy. Those priests of rhollor actually got stronger with the birth of the dragons back into the world, and the dragons are against the others .

Ned DID have bastard child, but its that Darkstar character. Ned thinks his bastard child dead,.brings Jon back as his own to save him, knowing he's a stark. Darkstar is half stark half Dayne.

This is just a theory of yours correct?

Thanks, that was a great read. And now I'm desperate to read TWOW...biggrin.gif

Second that, what an epic preview. tWoW is going to be all time.

Also, if wargs get 10 lives, and Robb was a warg.... does that mean Robb is coming back? Maybe no because his wolf was killed as well?
Skinchangers only get that many deaths if it's their animals dying. The death of the skinchanger himself is true death.

Jon is the child of Rhaegar's rape of Llyana Stark.
Doubtful. The rape part, at least.

The tower of dreams scene is only briefly mentioned when Ned is recovering from his leg wound but I bet ends up being a greatly significant point. Ned arrives with 6 others and 7 vs 4 at the tower where rhaegar has llyana kidnapped fights Authur Dayne and 3 other of the greatest swordsmen . But that's all we know. Ned obviously wins but it took 7 against 4 and only Ned of his 7 lives I believe.
It was seven on three (the three were Arthur Dayne, Gerald Hightower and Oswell Whent, all knights of the Kingsguard), and both Ned and Howland Reed survived.

This is just a theory of yours correct?
Yes. It's also not one supported by any evidence.

Yes, just my personal theories. But Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Llyana. And Darkstar is the son of Ned and Dayne. Yes theories, but also very true. I KNOW for a fact that these are true. Can't tell you how I know. One, you wouldn't believe me, two, I'd have to have this website shut down through covert ops.

Yes, just my personal theories. But Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Llyana. And Darkstar is the son of Ned and Dayne.

Well the first is almost certain, most believe however that the relationship was consensual and wasn't rape.

As for the second I would like to see any evidence aside from rumors of a crush. We have been in Ned's head enough that if it was the case their would be more concrete clues. In addition the age thing is a drawback, isn't he too old to be Ned's & Ashara's son from that time?

Yeah he's probably too old. He's a Dayne. Dayne and Targaryan, then.

And Tyrion shot Tu Pac. Cuz he finally found out where Ho's went. And it was to Pac's house. And Biggie found out. So of course Biggie became a liability.

Archived