DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

how many times have you read this series

Lama Chemist Ho

how many times have you read this series  

78 members have voted

1. 1. how many times have you read this series

• less than < 1 (meaning there were more books out you just didn't continue for whatever reason)
    • once
    • twice
    • thrice
    • 4 - 6 ish
    • more than 6
    • WAY more than 6
  2. 2. how many more re-reads are you planning?

• none
    • < 1 (select books / chapters / scenes only but not the whole thing)
    • one
    • two
    • MORE than two?
    • WAY more than two...

I've been doing a complete re-read one or twice a year since I started the series in '97. This will probably slow down to once every two years after the release of AMOL. That said, and the "shoddy TOR covers" taken into account, I have probably purchased teotw 10+ times

Each time a new book comes out I usually read it in about 24 hours (staying up all night and even taking the next day off if I need to). I then re-read it a bit slower (about a week) straight after that.

Also, before each book comes out I do a complete re-read of the series and usually again after the second read of the latest release (and that's not counting the times I have re-read just for fun). I have a couple of exceptions to this rule because my cat shredded my copies of tEotW and tGH a few years back but I practically knew them by heart by then so I haven't replaced them... yet.

At the moment I am doing a bit of an inventory because all of my books are in paperback form and being so well loved and receiving pretty hard use over the years, some of them are starting to lose pages etc. if they haven't already. Obviously the later books are in better condition. So my plan is to purchase hard cover and audio versions of each book before the release of AMoL next year. I'm getting the audio versions just to get my kids into the series because being 9 and 11 year old boys, reading 13 books averaging 6-800 pages each sends them running for the hills. They just can't seem to get past the Captain Underpants series at the moment, they think it's hilarious. I've bought them a Roald Dahl pack of books and surprisingly my youngest is getting into them so the plan is to subject them to the audio books to create interest and expand their minds. Not to mention that I'll listen to them when doing the dreaded housework.

I've been through 8 times up to KoD (it was very conveniently released when I was up to CoT in my first time through). I've read tGS twice and ToM once which bugs me, so for the first time ever I'm going to cheat and just read those 2 to try and catch up a bit. It's something I dislike doing, when I re-read, I re-read completely.

I doubt I'll ever stop reading them.

I'm in full WoT addict mode at the moment, which I suspect is due to the proximity of aMoL. I finished a full re-read about 2 weeks ago, now I'm doing tGS and ToM again then I strongly suspect I'll go straight back to EoTW, just can't get enough of it at the moment (hence I'm up at 3am haunting DM.)

I have a couple of exceptions to this rule because my cat shredded my copies of tEotW and tGH a few years back

Haha, I hear ya there! when he was about 2 months old, my dog (the aptly named Terror,) decided my copy of KoD looked decidedly tasty. Little bugger, I could have killed him! Though at least he was considerate enough to start at the back and not go any further than the Glossary!

4 days? are you bionic?

i have a general side question - is there any book/series that anyone has re-read more than the WOT?

i'll start - lord of the rings, little house series... probably a few others.

LoTR, Belgariad,to the High Redoubt,Lords of Dus...among others.

i have a general side question - is there any book/series that anyone has re-read more than the WOT?

i'll start - lord of the rings, little house series... probably a few others.

Nope, I think my record ouside WoT is 2 or 3 times, whenever I feel like re-reading something WoT always gets the nod!

Archived