DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm not in Kansas anymore....

eclipse0

Wholly Crapola this place looks different!

I peeked in to see what's been going on since I've been gone, but I realize I'll never catch up just by poking around. So, What's new in the BT since I've been lurking in the shadows?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ohmy: Oh. My. Goodness. It's the Eclipse! *points, even though it's rude*

Well, er, things are quite different now. Talya was OL up until a couple weeks ago. TMD also resigned as the M'hael. For awhile there was a third faction, the Settlement, but that no longer exists. Um, let's see, what else? Guess I don't really know how things were back in your day....hmmm...

I can't give you any information. I am newer here, than Talmanes is Org Leader. But I can tell you one thing. Maybe the 100 000 post thread already existed when you left, maybe not, but I am spamming there the whole day.

Yeah, It's probably been about 2.5 years since I've been Org leader. Talya took over after I left and I think TMD wasn't M'Hael, I think it was still Roka at that time. Boy it's been a while. I don't even think Talmanes was part of the Org when I left!

Yeah, It's probably been about 2.5 years since I've been Org leader. Talya took over after I left and I think TMD wasn't M'Hael, I think it was still Roka at that time. Boy it's been a while. I don't even think Talmanes was part of the Org when I left!

>.< I wasn't even a member of DM 2.5 years ago.

Seriously though it's pretty cool to see you back around here.

OMG...look what the cats dragged in,.....*glomps her bro*...I'm not too active right now...RL and all that! Good to see you around, now have some of my special Tainted Brownies...2 and a half years without the taint...it needs topping up!

*hugs*

50? Wowsers! That's a lot more than the 20 I used to know!

Ah the Lighties. Still have a place in my heart for them. I spent many many moons debating with Roka on how to organize the Light so that it actually attracted some folks rather than everyone running to the Shadow for the bonuses. Is there a thread or something where I can check all that stuff out?

Yeah, Talya, TMD, and Vanion reached the 20's so they decided to raise it to 50. And the Attack Leader rank is now 22, 22, 20, 18, 18 I think.

Hm, I think I updated the Light info page to reflect the changes. Basically right now, when a Lightie chooses their Element, that Element gets a 2 level bonus (but upgrades as if it's 2 down, as before), and then when they become Paladin (main element level 20), they get an extra 10 points a month to give out. (I'd like to put in something else there as well to replace what we took out - the other element's leveling up bonuses) And now when one of a Lightie's non-main elements reach 50, it automatically gets upgraded to 52. (And we'd like to think of a name, for people who reach main element level 50, however there's no rush. >.>)

Hmm, still haven't come up with a name for that yet, eh? I remember back when I was OL and Talya was Light Faction Leader we sat for hours discussing just that same topic over 2 years ago, lol.

Yup, other than the increase to 50 that seems much like the system Roka, Tayol and I put in place. You don't wanna know the concessions I had to make to the M'Hael to get those through the works back in the day when Tayol was in charge and Roka and I were Faction Leaders...

*shudders*

Well you did a good job of it; I like the Light Ranks. Just gotta continue the streak one more time. Input would be lovely...especially since I suck at names. >.>

Heh, I can imagine. After several lighties upgraded their main element straight to 20 (I would've too, but I didn't realize the bonus gained from reaching Paladin. Missed it. >.<) TMD called forth a discussion to change it up.

I remember there were lots of issues using Dragon for a title, even for the Org Leader. If I recall the greater DM site admins had issue with it for some reason. Talya and I composed a list of words in Old Tongue that we had thought about using. Here's some of that list that I could find:

a'vron = watcher

aan = one

alcair = golden

alantin = brother

allein = man

aman = dragon

atha = person

atha'an = peoples

ayende = release/freedom

bekkar = blood

caba = horse

caba'drin = cavalry/horsemen

Caballein = Free man (men)

cair = gold

cal = red

carai = honor

corenne = return

cue = heart

dai = battle

din = brother

donde = to ride

dore = dancer

dovie = /rel. to luck/

dovienya = luck

drelle = river of

drin = soldiers

gai = battle

gaidin = battle brother

hama = mountain

har = hand

hei = always

jeade'en = true finder

jenn = truly /or/ true

kiserai = glory

logoth = waiting

los = forward

m'taal = dogs

mael = hope

mahdi = seeker

mahdi'in = seekers

man = /related to sword or blade/

mandarb = blade

manshima = sword

marath = those who must

Moridin = death

muad = foot

n'dore = dancers

niende = lost

rahien = dawn

rhyagelle = those who come home

sa = /superlative prefix/

sagain = it's time

sai = /related to power/

sam = destroyer

se = themselves

shadar = shadow

shain = peace

shan = lord

shen = band

siswai'aman = spear of the dragon

sor = working

sorei = runner(s)

sul = holder

ta = /rel. to pattern/

tai'shar = true blood

tarmon = last

vadin = bar/barrier

val = guard

valdar = /rel. to "guard"/

valon = guard

vron = watcher(s)

wansho = builder(s)

It was hard to come up with combos that didn't already have canonical meaning already in the WoT Universe. Say like gaidin took on the Old Tongue for a warder. You also have to watch out for some of the Aiel Societies and the various different regiments in the Band as it could get tricky.

I kinda like Sam'shadar (Destroyers of Shadow)or a'Niende Sain (The Lost Powers)

Exactly, see it can definitely get tricky

I also like Sul'vadin (Barrier Holders as in the Dark One's Prison), Aman a'Vron (Dragon Watchers), Mael Wansho (Hope Builders), Cue Alcair (Golden Hearts), Jenn Mahdi'in (Truth Seekers) & Manshima n'Dore (Sword Dancers)

Archived