DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

greetings

hello all, I am a 'prodigal' WoT reader meaning I read the series 3 - 4 times back when #7 was the latest one, then gave it up as I couldn't abide waiting for each new installment (not to mention remember every new development with that long of a wait in between). I became such a huge fan back then that I basically stopped reading altogether. I used to read a lot of Gordon R Dickson, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks, ...whoever wrote the "Recluse" books I can't remember, Dennis L McKiernan Melanie Rawn Stephen Brust quite a few others and even the first couple Sword of Truth books. but WoT was just so epic for me and with such great character development that afterwards I couldn't read anything else, it all just seemed so flat. anyways back in january I figured it was time to start rereading one final time now that the series is almost complete and I can hopefully gain some resolution. I just finished Knife of Dreams the other day, and Gathering Storm should be arriving in the mail sometime this week, I'm extremely anxious to continue and very curious, how does the new authors' writing style compare to Jordans'? I was really surprised and pleased with the turns of events in KoD, it was almost like RJ was 'tying up his affairs' (in a way) by resolving a number of issues and loose ends which had been ongoing for the past 4 - 6 volumes. I think it was the best one since at LEAST #7. I agree with most- The Shadow Rising is my favorite, but beyond that its hard for me to rank them other than that 1 - 7 seemed much better than 8 - 10, (altho Winters Heart came very close, with the Mat / Tuon story). but maybe that's only because of the long break I took. #10 especially seemed extremely uneventful by comparison and would probably rank as my least fave. anyways, I had more questions but in rambling all that I forgot them. isn't it funny how Siuan never goes a single scene without making at least one reference to fishing?

greetings and salutations, and a hearty welcome to dragonmount!

i hope you've already been checking out some of the discussion forums *wheel of time related and general, which includes other books, and TV, and movies, and games, and on and on and on).

please make yourself comfortable and if you have any questions, just ask. :smile:

I think Shadow Rising is my favourite too. especially the part in Rhiudean.

Did you stop reading because you can't wait for new books or any other reason? just asking.

And welcome to DM. As Cindy said make yourself comfortable and if you have a problem ask.

Hey Lama! Welcome to Dragonmount :D I'm glad you've started reading the series again! I don't know about others but The Gathering Storm is definitely my favorite book of the series. I actually prefer Brandon Sanderson (*gasp* blasphemy I know! :P) so maybe that's why. Please join in talking about the books in the discussion forums and I highly recommended joining some of the Social Organizations to get to know some other fans and talking about the series and other interests you have. There is also roleplaying if your'e into that! I hope you have a great time here and that I get to see you around :D Feel free to pm me if you want to chat or have any questions!

Welcome to dm! Shadow rising and a crown of swords have to be my favorites. And I know how you feel I lost a lot of interest in some books to such as the drizzt du' urden series. If your interested I would strongly incourage you to check out the DM RP side of the forums. It can be tons of fun and we would love to see u around

You can pm me or just stop by the welcome Inn. My link

Archived