DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Too Often Unsaid

Daruya

You know, the Ithillian post got me to thinking (dangerous, I know). This site is populated by people from all over the world and we were brought together by our appreciation for the Wheel of Time . . . but all too often we forget what makes all this possible - the time and effort of people just like us. People who are busy with lives of their own but who sacrifice not only to make this place possible but enjoyable!

So please let this serve as my heartfelt thanks to the owners and admin of this site, to the people who volunteer their time here any position and to the people who come here and make this site so enjoyable.

Thank you so very much!

6ccf1_thankyou1.jpg

You're right Daruya, we don't give them enough appreciation. It's volunteer work for all of them, they have no obligation, but they do, and they do a helluva good job of it too!

Thank you all so much, admins and staff! :) :wub:

I will add my humble but sincere gratitude to all DM members, who make all this wonderfullness possible. I don't get the chance to socialize often as I live very remote, so it's very, very important to me that I am part of such a warm group of special people. I am really thankful and feel privileged to know everyone here.

Thanks guys.

I must say, when I took on the Sports Discussion board, I didn't know how much work it would be. When I started, it was a just one guy operating out of the basement of a TV repair shop in Memphis, offering comments on how last weekend's dog races went. When he innevitably choked to death on a burrito nubbet*, I was asked to take over.

Twenty-seven years, three wives and a quadruple bypass later, the Sports Discussion board finds itself as the premier place to discuss any and all sport, the prefered destination for sports fans for the ENTIRE Dragonmount Community. Guests can regularly be found posting there upwards of three times a week. The active member list has skyrocketed to upwards of TEN. It is an empire we are building, and my throne arrives next tuesday.

That throne wouldn't be possible without all you guys, though. You are the members who contribute. We built the house. You made it home.

/thread hijack

*nubbet - the bit of hard, dry tortilla that gets over-cooked in the microwave, generally found at the end of a Burrito.

I am all for this type of Thread.

We do too often take our wonderful staff and Mods for granted. Thank you all so much for all the hard work you do. This place is such a big piece of my life now - I genuinely would be lost without it and all the amazing people that come along with it.

Ithi x

trolloc1jpg.png

I'll repeat here what I said in my May report to the Admins, and which I posted in the Daes Dae'mar too:

I'm always proud of my staff, but this month has been special. Several of them were having a tough time IRL or were on LoA, and struggled to get to their reports. The others, from other Ajah Heads to the Master at Arms to the Sitters, rallied round and helped out. This, to me, is true White Tower / Warder spirit, and it just about brings tears to my eyes. Love my staff!!

Say what? Unpaid? This is not what I was told. Kivam! Get over here this instant! I was promised Angie. You, as of yet, have failed to deliver.

Therefore, my ultimatum: Angie or bust. Or was that Angie's bust? Eh...I always mix those up.

Archived