DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Two "stupid" Three Shall become one theories

Well, the consensus on this seems to be that the "He shall hold a blade of light in his hands and the three shall be one" in ToM refers to one of those things:

a) Callandor, used with a circle of a man and two women

b) the wonderboys meeting again

c) rand's harem somehow becoming "one"

d) All three powers wielded together

I got two more theories to offer:

e) Perrin becoming king of three countries

He will be king of Saldaea, the Queen of Ghealdan is his vassal, he already "owns" the two rivers. Three countries - united as one?

f) The "darknesses" inside rand becoming "one"

There are several different bad things inside the DR. There is the rest of the taint from channeling inside his head. The never healing wound from Ishamael. The never healing wound made by the Shadar Logoth dagger.

Could those three somehow merge and become one?

/discuss

I'd always had a half conceived notion that it was Rand/Lews merging with Ishamael.

2+1=3

3 become one. Rand, the Dragon Reborn.

Rand and Lews are, of course, already together. It has been shown since Moridin and Rand met in Shadar Logoth, they have had some sort of connection. It's already theorized that Rand will survive by taking over Moridin's body. If you take into account that Rand already has Lews in tow, then it's easy to see 3 becoming one.

I don't mind most of those theories, but I HATE the idea of the three women in Rand's life somehow becoming one. That, to me, is just stupid. Let's just accept the fact that Rand is a polygamist like the Aiel and move on.

Rand and LTT are (and always have been) one, so together with Moridin they're only two, not three. But:

I think it was an inverse reference to aMoL itself - the one becoming three!

is a stroke of genius. Can't be the only meaning, but I love the idea of Brandon thinking about it and altering the wording to fit.

Rand and LTT are (and always have been) one, so together with Moridin they're only two, not three. But:

I think it was an inverse reference to aMoL itself - the one becoming three!

is a stroke of genius. Can't be the only meaning, but I love the idea of Brandon thinking about it and altering the wording to fit.

yeah, the 3 refering to Moridin/Rand/LTT is invalid. Even if the voice was real somehow, Rand and LTT were NEVER separate, they have always been one soul. Souls cannot be split.

I am really not sure about this one.

Logic would lead to the most sensible answer being Rand and 2 women with Callandor. It has been heavily prophisied in the past two books, something with Callandor is going to happen, but I cant help but think there may be something more to it than jsut a simple answer. I cant see how Rand with Callandor would be anything big. Narshima and the two others did it at the Cleansing and nothing momentus really happened.

Besides, the nature of the quote doesnt fit. He wields the blade of light in his hands, Callandor, it seems, is the most logical conclusion.

But then it says "and the three shall become one". Now I would hardly call a linking between Rand and 2 others "becomming one". And the quote seems to suggest that he shall hold this blade of light, THEN the three will become one.

As I mentioned, we have seen linking, and we have specifically seen linking using Callandor. Nothing crazy exciting, nor anything suggesting that anyone is actually "becomming one".

SO I will not be suprised if something happens with Callandor and the 3=1, but there are many holes in it to make it certain.

So, I see a few other options.

Three Ta'veren.

Fain/Rand/DO(or his proxy Moridin) - They are the three main "forces" if you want. Fain represents some crazy evil. DO= destructive evil Rand= Dragon. Note: this may have something to do with the 2 wounds. Perhaps it is the essance of these two wounds, then Rands blood. It would fit, his blood being important. "his blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul"

The Saidin/Saidar/TP doesnt make sense to me. S/S are two halves of the TS/OP, not separate things. Obviously, it would consitute 3 in number, but Saidin and Saidar, to my mind, are just incomplete halves. What with all of the emphasis on the importance of m/f working together = best. I just dont see how they could be interpreted as 2 separate things. Same as LTT/Rand i suppose. They are different, but have the same origins.

The only way I could see the power being the 3 is OP/TP/CP (Creator power) but I cant see it comming into play really. The creator does not take part, we have seen nothing. What keeps it an open option for me is the "Light" that Rand has in his brain and (unless it was just a turn of phrase) the "Light" that he has at Maradon, that seems to be...detrimental... to DF's.

I don't mind most of those theories, but I HATE the idea of the three women in Rand's life somehow becoming one. That, to me, is just stupid. Let's just accept the fact that Rand is a polygamist like the Aiel and move on.

haha i agree with this whole heartedly. but i also think it's kind of ridiculous that the scenario of rand/elayne/min/aviendha even exists.. the bonding scene made me roll my eyes. it felt more like a "i cant decide which character would work best with rand so im going to give him the top three" ...

When answering questions about theology, RJ referred to the OP as the evidence of the Creator's presence. I highly doubt there's a whole other Source associated with him.

At first I thought that something like Creator Power might be a possibility although I would personally hate the introduction of something so new and powerful this late in the series. But reading RJs comments on the matter does make it very unlikely. Particularly, this one

Crossroads of Twilight book tour 18 January 2003, Harvard Coop - Tallis reporting

Rand has no direct connection with the Creator. The Creator is completely removed from the world; aside from ... creating ... the Pattern, he does nothing else whatsoever to influence anything.

If this quote is reported correctly it also makes it very unlikely that the voice Rand heard at the end of tEoTW was the Creator.

At the time of Crossroads of Twilight, that statement is probably correct (from RJ), but he could NOW have a direct connection with the Creator. Also, talking to someone (or hearing a voice) doesn't mean that you have a "direct connection" with that person in the WoT sense. I think RJ was saying that Rand isn't linked to the Creator in any way. That doesn't mean he didn't hear the Creator's voice in tEotW.

yeah, the 3 refering to Moridin/Rand/LTT is invalid. Even if the voice was real somehow, Rand and LTT were NEVER separate, they have always been one soul. Souls cannot be split.

voldemort split his soul seven ways,

and what if the equation is actually 1.9+1.9+1.9 would that be almost 5?

Archived