DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What instrument(s) do you play?

It's been a while since we have done this, and with all the new faces, I think it would be interesting.

As the Music Social Group, we often focus on contemporary music, though some members (like myself) originally joined with more of a classical music theme in mind-- a background of concert band or orchestra being just as equal as a background of guitar and rythm, etc.

So that in mind... what instrument(s) do you play? Maybe we have enough to fill out a chamber ensemble or two, and maybe a rock band or two when we want to change it up a bit!

I'll start...

My primary instrument is the Horn (commonly mistakenly called the French Horn), but for fun I also love to play bass guitar. I also dabble with piano and guitar, but not enough that I would call myself proficient by any means.

Piano for almost 15 years, miss it like crazy here in Spain, flute and piccolo for a good six years so I'm sure I could those up again no problem. and I can sing from time to time when I feel like it!

Guitar and bass on and off for 13 years, though I haven't played at all in like three, and I'm always shocked at how quickly the rust accumulates.

I also like to sing, but really want to get formal lessons, mostly to tune up my ear so to speak. I also want to pick up some piano. I learned a little back in my .midi days, but not really enough to actually play.

I used to play the flute. While I wasn't very good, I did enjoy it.

The dream is to learn to play the drums, much to Northie's annoyance. It's a plan for one of the many parts that will make up my mid-life crisis! :biggrin:

I've recently, the last few years, learnt the guitar enough to play and sing a not too simple song or two. But the guitar is a classical one, though by no means a top quality one, so I have still work to do to be worthy of it (I have dropped using a plectra a year since already, but the picking isn't good yet so I could really choose which notes to play, particularly with the timber or what's it called called for). After achieving that, let's see what happens (I do think I sing much better than play yet, though I have had formal training in neither, I've been practising once or twice a month, and when I practise guitar I sing too :biggrin: .) I'm a big fan of Mozart, so I'll probably consider myself worthy of the classical guitar when I play something by him, which I won't even try yet.

Archived