DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blood Of The Dragon

favouriteson

I don't know if Fain can physically be used to touch the Dark One, or seal the Bore which exists everywhere, but certainly there could be a way to use the Shadar Logoth power to do so. Maybe draw it out of Fain somehow. It does stand to reason that if the One Power cannot be used to push the Dark One back into the prison without being tainted, the only other power that could be able to do this would be Fain's. Regardless of the actual mechanics, I think it is likely that Fain and his Shadow-nullifying power will be crucial in the Last Battle.

I don't know if Fain can physically be used to touch the Dark One, or seal the Bore which exists everywhere, but certainly there could be a way to use the Shadar Logoth power to do so. Maybe draw it out of Fain somehow. It does stand to reason that if the One Power cannot be used to push the Dark One back into the prison without being tainted, the only other power that could be able to do this would be Fain's. Regardless of the actual mechanics, I think it is likely that Fain and his Shadow-nullifying power will be crucial in the Last Battle.

Maybe, in the same way that the dagger was inextricably linked to Shadar Logoth, and the power that came from there was capable of destroying evil (fire fighting fire, so to speak) perhaps the wound from Fain's dagger could split and the blood from that, being tainted by Shadar Logoth, creates a sort of conduit along which SL's power/force/etc can be sent.

I have a really strong feeling that Fain is going to be WoT's Gollum - with his selfishness and evil inadvertantly saving the day when all else has failed.

Whether that's through being the thing touched to the DO to seal him up or in a more physical sense - perhaps attacking someone (Demandred? Moridin?) who is about to get the drop on Rand and inadvertantly destroying himself and them together.

Personally I think anything random wont seal the bore - I wouldn't believe the whole Shadar Logoth thing happened the same in the previous turning of the wheel, so what ever seals the bore would need to be reasonably continuous through out the ages etc.

I wouldn't believe the whole Shadar Logoth thing happened the same in the previous turning of the wheel

Why not? I thought that was the whole point of the wheel: it all happens over and over again.

Padan Fain and his mix of powers is something new and unique to this age...

Wotmania/Dragonmount Q&A - 9 December 2002

Q: Has the Padan Fain/Mordeth character been present in previous Ages, or is he unique to this particular Age?

RJ: He is unique to this particular Age. A very unique fellow, indeed. In some ways, you might say he has unwittingly side-stepped the Pattern.

I wouldn't believe the whole Shadar Logoth thing happened the same in the previous turning of the wheel

Why not? I thought that was the whole point of the wheel: it all happens over and over again.

Padan Fain and his mix of powers is something new and unique to this age...

Wotmania/Dragonmount Q&A - 9 December 2002

Q: Has the Padan Fain/Mordeth character been present in previous Ages, or is he unique to this particular Age?

RJ: He is unique to this particular Age. A very unique fellow, indeed. In some ways, you might say he has unwittingly side-stepped the Pattern.

I knew that quote was somewhere - cheers for that

• 3 weeks later...

I have for some reason thought of rands ability to use the dark ones power being vital for the sealing. like using it against him and therefore having the dark one lock himself inside. make all his efforts go in a circle.... Crazy thought but who knows.

Archived