DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Idea: making a seperate sub-board for novice & accepted RPs

Elgee

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make a sub-board for N&A RPs

• Yes
    • No

Ama and I have discussed this before, but I'd like to get your opinions too. We thought about making a sub-board (we can call it the Novice and Accepted Quarters, for example) for their RPs.

Why? Nothing "personal". We're not saying their RPs are less important than those of full AS. It's purely a matter of there being so MANY RPs, that unless you post on an almost daily basis, they disappear to page 2 or 3 almost immediately. I would like to have the "main" RPs feature more prominently than a myriad "Meet the MoN" RPs for instance, though.

We're also not saying they're not allowed to post on the main WT board - just that purely novice/accepted/class/ RPs go in the sub-boards.

Apart from Salidar characters, N&A RP in retro anyway, and since we should be RPing mostly in the main time line, they wouldn't normally be RPing in major/main plot lines. If we do do anything in Retro (like the BoW, for example), or someone just wants to RP in Retro, then of course they're welcome to participate in that on the main board.

I like that idea Elgee. At the other rp sites that I was a member of back in the day, there were always separate boards for the N&As. We were allowed to post on the WT board too, as they were fluid with the timeline, though we had to have good reason. Like RPing with an Aes Sedai or for an all Tower event.

I like that idea Elgee. At the other rp sites that I was a member of back in the day, there were always separate boards for the N&As. We were allowed to post on the WT board too, as they were fluid with the timeline, though we had to have good reason. Like RPing with an Aes Sedai or for an all Tower event.

I agree with Em here, being an old member of RP I gotta say that we used to have a separate board for the Novice/accepted stuff because otherwise the site got to cluttered, as you've already said Elgs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Rasheta, I remember when classes and req threads were in a different place. It made it easier on those participating (especially the poor MoN!) to keep up with what they needed to get to, whether it was replying or checking req status. I'm all for it!

That's hopefully going to be one of the greatest plusses, Lor *nods*

Boopsie, I agree with you that activity will go down on the main board. However, that might encourage people to RP, as they'll be able to see their RP threads on the first page, instead of it slipping back to page 2 or 3 or even further. I know I tend to forget when it doesn't stare me in the face *shifts feet*.

Ok I'll like to get this sorted out soon, so ...

Ama, where do you think will be best to make this sub-board? Under the WT next to the Classroom? Or should we just move all the Novice/Accepted threads into the Classroom (might get a bit cluttered, but we could always pin the group classes).

If we make a separate board, what should be the name?

I know I'm late to the party, but you could create a sub board that's the MoN's office, which would be the place for all arrival threads, any punishment threads, etc. That would leave classes in the Classroom, and then the only Novice/Accepted RPs left would be Chores, Life, Turnings of the Wheel, etc. which could go nicely in a pair of sub boards called the Novice Gallery and the Accepted Gallery.

It would be a nice progression, allowing new members to have a sense of accomplishment. You know... Yay! I've finished with the MoN's Board! W00t! I'm moving on to the Accepted Board!

That kind of thing.

So, to summarize, I'm proposing three new sub boards:

1. Mistress of Novice's Office (for arrivals and punishments)
  2. Novice Gallery (where non-classroom novice posts go)
  3. Accepted Gallery (ditto above)

Of course, when Aes Sedai give one on one lessons, those could either take place in the Classroom sub board or the main Tower board. I've taught mine in the Tower board because that's where Elin lives now, and the novice came to her. But that was a personal choice.