• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

yes. winter 93 nd 94. loved it. roads impassible. didn't have to try. friends drove halfway off a cliff but made it. front end loader broke trying to clear the road enough to plow. i was on a first name basis with the plow guy cause we saw each other 4 times aday for 2 long winters. didn't have to work. loved it all. even the frozen eyelashes and boots for the dogs.

now i have to drive in a foot of snow 60 miles round trip with no winter miantenance for 3/4 of it, i'd just as soon skip the whole thing.

feh. snow. bah, humbug. run out of room to shovel it by november, piled to high you just have to pray before you pull out of the road.

enjoy it while you can.

I will... I try to be optimistic about things, when I can. XD

Well, my dad loves snow because it's fun to play in...he lived in Minnesota for a few years as a child, and once they were totally snowed in; it was deep enough that they could climb to the roof of their house and jump safely into the snow. They also had an "underground" network of tunnels...

I definitely agree that snow has very little practical use, and is an inconvenience (last winter, when we had a HUGE blizzard, I had to walk to work the next morning at 5:30, and only the main roads had been cleared, which meant that I had to wade through 3 feet of snow for 90% of my trip, which took about 10 minutes longer than normal. It was bad. My legs are short, so I felt like I was jumping hurdles with every step.

But snow does have a magical air about it, other times.

I live in Southern California. Where I grew up it never snowed or really got too cold. I currently live about 50 miles from there and it has snowed each or the two winters I've lived here. It melts again after a day or two but everything stops until then cause there is no plan to deal with it. I've spent parts of winter in chicago area, Upstate NY and Norfolk, VA. They were all cold. Chicago was coldest but never snowed while I was there. NY started snowing in September and snowed off and on until i left in February. Happy to be home.