• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

double curriculum - full english and full hebrew curriculum.

the normal subjects in english - lit/language, composition/grammar, math, science, social studies, history, like that.

in hebrew - bible, prophets, holy writings, hebrew lit/langauge, hebrew compostion/grammar, mishnah/talmud (though this was half in aramaic), religious law, and depending on the year, several others.

spanish was what i chose, could have done french, russian, japanese, chinese, or yiddish, but i took the easiest way out.

electives were like art and music, which weren't really electives, but... you didn't have to take them as much as the other stuff, like once or twice a week would do most years.

gym every two weeks becaus there wasn't time for more.

i could have taken other electives, and sometimes i did, like computers, and there were plenty more, usually involving community service and charitable causes, but also in job related fields of interest. i taught art to the lower grades a few years.

but mostly too busy to deal with more.

Edited by cindy

in South Africa you have to do Maths/maths lit (maths lit is basically grade four maths all about multiplying numbers with percentages)

you have to do a first and second language

then you do three chosen subjects, history, geography, science, biology etc

then if you want you can do extra chosen subjects or ADMaths (above curriculum)

the workload was tremendous... and did not instill a desire to work very much in college, or ever afterward, tbh. maybe it did for some people, but it just broke me. i was way too relieved to escape and make up for lost time. i think some of my classmates had the same problems, but most went on to do very well in life.