• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

That's so cool! I am a terrible teacher; I guess I just have communication issues. I admire people who just have an easy way of getting an idea across to others.

I mostly plan on using the degree so I can run a daycare. I've worked in daycare before, and I grew up babysitting, both for my parents and for other people. I love kids.

I'm not opposed to teaching if I can learn enough about it to do a decent job, but if I don't have to, I probably won't. :laugh:

Being a teacher is a very good thing. I couldn't do it. I did work as a math tutor for ukids back when I was in junior college. It was only a few kids an hour so it was not bad. Trying different ways of looking at it until the little lightbulb went on. I couldn't deal with 25-30 like were in a school classroom.

*shuders* Me either.

Both my parents are teachers, but I'm a high school drop out lol, so no teaching for me.

I did teach at a riding school for a bit, I could handle the real little ones but once they're old enough to get a bit of attitude... NO THANKS!!! Don't know how my folks do it!?

I have studied Swedish, Religion and History and can teach kids between 10 - 15 years old. In reality I had a lot of classes - math, English, music etc. My poor students - have me as a music teacher!

I got sick and couldn´t work for many, many years. Now I´m back on track (sort of) but I need a job where I can take it easy, a job that is predictable and where I don´t have to work 50 hours a week. Maybe someday I can teach again because it´s a great job. I can´t think about a job that is more important.

I have studied Swedish, Religion and History and can teach kids between 10 - 15 years old. In reality I had a lot of classes - math, English, music etc. My poor students - have me as a music teacher!

I got sick and couldn´t work for many, many years. Now I´m back on track (sort of) but I need a job where I can take it easy, a job that is predictable and where I don´t have to work 50 hours a week. Maybe someday I can teach again because it´s a great job. I can´t think about a job that is more important.

How about being a substitute teacher? Thats what mum did after us kids stuffed up her full time teaching job :) Now that my youngest sister is old enough she could have gone nack to full time but she now prefers the substitute work. She's loving it because it means no meetings, no report writing, not nearly as much of the after school hours stuff, casual wages and she can work as many or as few days a week as she likes. Obviously the downsides are no annual or sick leave but at least the hours are flexible and the wages are better.