DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oi! You Brits!

mmeeshal

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had all these questions, then they disappeared when I went to go ask them.... >.>

Well, I do have one, that I can think of, I guess, Elli. Do you prefer PMs, LJ, or emails? =)

Oh, good news, good news!!! So Joe's parents invited me to his graduation at the end of July, and are willing to host me, and think it would be cool for me to get to see the country a little bit, so I am going to England after all! ^^ I have some saving to do, but it'll be worth every penny, no doubt. Maybe I can manage to drop in to visit some of you, too! That would be so cool....

Joe's probably going to come visit me around my birthday, so that appeases my parents (they really don't feel comfortable with me going out there to be with someone I haven't met in person before, which is understandable).

Anyway, I'm so excited to go overseas! I'm glad it worked out so that it can actually happen, I was really disappointed when we decided Joe should come out here instead. But hey, why not do both, eh? :wink:

So yeah, an expensive summer, but it's going to be a total blast!

Sorry it's taken me ages to reply, busy New Year!

PM or LJ is good, whatever's easier for you.

That's awesome they invited you, it will definitely be worth every penny.:biggrin:

been a hell of a couple of days for me too. Flew down to Oklahoma to visit my best friend. Got stuck in a ditch for four hours, met a cute bartender that makes me wanna visit again, buddy broke up with his woman, decided to move him up to the Dakotas to work with me, drove through a blizzard in a two wheel drive truck cuz i got to get back to work. And did some seriously, seriously heavy drinking during all of it.

Which has all lead up to being some of the best three days of my life

I noticed you have a tendency to want to brag about that, too, Zep. :wink:

So, out of all you people across the pond, who here wants me to visit while I'm over there? Raise your hands, please. :biggrin:

And, thank you so much, Elli, it's good to know I have you to talk to about this whole thing! And I'm totally excited to stay over there for a bit, it's going to be so much fun! :laugh:

Meesh, where are you going to stay, because if it's central, maybe we could all meet up somewhere for the day. Especially as it would save you trying to go all over the place trying to find people!

If you have said before I'm sorry I must have missed it.

I would so love to meet you and if they are going to have you over then it makes sense to make things as easy as possible for you

:biggrin:

I had to look it up on a map to see where he lives in relation to everything else.... While I'm staying with him and not traveling, we'll be in Lancaster, or near enough. It doesn't LOOK close to much. >.>

And I didn't say before, so no worries, Talya! ^^ *cuddles*

I really hope it works out that we get to meet each other, I can't wait! ^^ *squees*

Where would be a good place to meet up, then? I ended up having to bring a friend along, so we'll probably be staying in a hotel or camping out or something like that; I don't know yet if Joe's parents are okay with hosting a friend of mine too, but I imagine it's probably easier for us just to find separate accommodations.

Anyway, so my friend and I are planning the trip together, and will probably be traveling some while we're in Europe, so if we can come up with a good central place where all of us can meet up, it'll help with our planning. :laugh: I'm sure Emma won't mind traveling all over to meet people, though, since she already has wanderlust. :tongue:

Sure, Macsessory, if you wanna tag along you're more than welcome to. :wink:

I know that Tal's further south than I am, don't know how far she's willing to go. I'm not as bothered as long as you don't make me drive up to the tip of Scotland, lol!

Any idea which month you'll be coming? My parents are coming over to Geneva for a lawyer's conference in early to mid-May, so I'll be popping over to see them then while I have the chance.

Late July/early August, is when I'll be coming over there. :laugh: My friend and I want to hit London for a little while either at the beginning of our trip, or at the end; when my friend and I have more details planned out, perhaps we could pick a spot on the way to or from Lancaster where we all could meet?

I'll let you guys know when we get more details figured out; we're going to have a huge planning session pretty soon to get it all hashed out. :laugh:

That's exciting, Elli, getting to see your parents! :smile:

Lancaster is a bit far for me, it's like 6-7 hours driving, lol. However, if you are planning on being in London at some point, I will defiantely meet up for the day with you! That should be no problem whatsoever. I may have to bring Heather along, but I'm sure she'll enjoy that!

*huggles*

Yay London! *squees*

*cuddles everyone in sight*

When we get dates figured out, I'll get back to you lovely ladies so we can figure out when to meet (and where >.>)! I'm so excited, you have no idea! :laugh:

Oh, and I would love to meet Heather, if you end up bringing her along, Talya! She sounds like such an awesome kid. :laugh:

Archived