DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Help with a New Aes Sedai Concept

Kathleen

I have had the idea of making a Black Ajah Aes Sedai since last spring, and I've had bio written up since the summer but I'm wondering if I can have a little help with some stuff.

Her name is Seheria Mori, she will be Andorian and she will be raised to the Yellow. At first I had been hoping to have her swear her oaths to the BA at the same time (well as close as they could be) as her WT oaths, so she would be a new AS and new to the Black. The more I thought about it the more I had some ideas for having her be a full Yellow sister for years and then have her be introduced to the BA (possibly by walking in on something she wasn't supposed to, and then finding a way to join them instead of being killed).

One of my issues is that I am having trouble finding a believable way for her to want to serve the Great Lord so that is why I thought of having her find or over hear something she shouldn't and then to save her life she joins.

I would really like, and think it would be really fun, to play a Black Sister right from the start - getting introduced and doing the oaths, I think it would be fun for me to play but I will need some willing Black sisters to play it along with me.

Again I don't know a whole lot about how the BA here works so your input is much appreciated!

You want her to have a reason beyond just saving her own skin, right?

The way I see it, most people "turn to the dark side" (so to speak) because they feel they have been wronged in life, either by a major event or two, or just multiple things happening throughout their life... in your character's situation, it could be things all the way from her childhood to her swearing the oaths, if she had to put up with problems even in the Tower. Maybe people make fun of her or think lesser of her in particular because of something?

I was chatting with Eqwina about it in the summer and she loved the idea of doing it right from the BA oaths, and she had been up for possibly finding me and going from the start, but we decided to wait for DM8 then the PMs went down and I haven't seen her around. Yes I would still play her as a yellow if and when I could and I'd keep all the Black stuff hidden as well as she'll let me. Since Eqwina has been so absent I'm wondering if there are any other BA Sisters who would be up for RPing these things out.

The way I see it, most people "turn to the dark side" (so to speak) because they feel they have been wronged in life, either by a major event or two, or just multiple things happening throughout their life... in your character's situation, it could be things all the way from her childhood to her swearing the oaths, if she had to put up with problems even in the Tower. Maybe people make fun of her or think lesser of her in particular because of something?

This please! Raeyn herself joined because the thought of her father dying (nevermind that he was getting up in years) kind of convinced her that there was no benevolent Creator, and so what was the freaking point in it. You know the deal - guilt and depression and anger and blah blah blah blah blah.

Anyways, yes... faults are good to a degree. It makes for a more realistic, and more enjoyable character.

As for being able to help... not really, I fear. I've kind of got Raeyn penciled in as being off in Saldaea, but there's also a 'I have a severe lack of time, come back in a few months' sort of thing as well. Hooray life? Hooray! Anyways, I think there are a few NSWs that are Black, so perhaps you can find someone to take the helm of one to help you out? Best of luck!

Ok, so I have a reason why she turns to the dark si--erm, the Great Lord, but how would it happen? So she gives up hope on all that is life and she no longer sees the point. She figures she get further in life where is really appreciated and her work will serve and important purpose, but how would it happen? Does she have to seek out some Darkfriends or the BA?

Basically from what I've read of the BA "recruiting" policy at DM icly is they find you.

I have resurrected Alicatia for the sole purpose of finding Kate, who is a darkfriend and has been one since she was 12 years old if you can call a kid a darkfriend lol. But the idea is you show "tendencies" that would perk a Black Ajah sister, into befriending you or watching you and they would then ask those innocent questions that would define you as a good candidate or not. In Kate's position its pretty easy for her to get the in as her mother was known to the Black Ajah (via her mother's Aes Sedai aka Raeyn lol).

I'm willing to help you with Alicatia, if we work out some sort of plan that would peak Alicatia's interests in your character. Alicatia is Gray and I can link up a bio if necessary, I don't think her bio made it from dm7 to dm8 on the forums.

Ali