DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is the most quotable character in WoT?

Jmw1999

Oh oh oh, I dunno if it counts as a quote, but when Mat 'explains' women to Talmanes, comparing them dealing with you to them playing cards with you. Definately one of my fav Mat scenes.

Another quote I also love:

"Hello. Welcome to Hinderstap. We will murder you in the night and eat your bloody faceif you stay past sunset. Try the pies. Martna Baily makes them fresh daily."

Heh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In reference to Mat's speech about boots that he has 3, nobles like Talmanes have 40, while talking to Setalle Anan.

I see.. So you're using boots as a metaphor for the onus of responsibility and decision placed upon the aristocracy as they assume leadership of complex political and social positions. Metaphor for... Mat scowled. Bloody ashes, woman. This isn't a metaphor for anything its just boots.

-The Wisdom of Matrim Bloody Cathoun

Rand

"Cadsuane, do you believe I could kill you, not by channelling or using a weapon, that if I willed it the pattern would stop your heart. . . by coincidence?"

come on with a pwnage quote like that he easily wins any contest ever

Heh, don't remember that one but it's a good one.

My favorite curse: blood and bloody ashes. Would qoute it like scripture, book:chapter, but I don't think my mobile carrier would be to please with me sending several gigs of data for one post on a message board... then again, I don't know if my thumbs would make it through the Dfagon Reborn.

Moiraine's "The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are but threads in the Pattern."

Lan's "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

And of course, the Aiel's "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightbinder's eye."

All of the above sum up for me the series' major themes and are very important quotations. :)

Rand

"Cadsuane, do you believe I could kill you, not by channelling or using a weapon, that if I willed it the pattern would stop your heart. . . by coincidence?"

come on with a pwnage quote like that he easily wins any contest ever

Heh, don't remember that one but it's a good one.

My favorite curse: blood and bloody ashes. Would qoute it like scripture, book:chapter, but I don't think my mobile carrier would be to please with me sending several gigs of data for one post on a message board... then again, I don't know if my thumbs would make it through the Dfagon Reborn.

pg 361 tgs

"cadsuane," he said softly, "do you believe that I could kill you? Right here, right now, without using a sword of the Power? Do you believe that if I simply willed it, the Pattern would bend around me and stop your heart? By . . . . coincidence?"

exact quote

From checking my own copies, that page is hardback version. Chapter 23 is more accurate, regardless the version.

That quote alone would not make Rand win this "contest".

ok name another quote that is as awesome as that one from someone other than rand.

The speeches about Two Rivers might be some.

One of them is in Lord of Chaos Prologue

And the Aiel code that another quoted might be another.

Though the title question seems more about quantity of quotes than their "quality".

Hopwil has a great line in Floating Like Snow in The Path of Daggers. After having to kill sul'dam and damane.

"I piled the bodies in a hollow," he said in a flat voice. "The horses, everything. I burned it all to ash. White ash that floated in the wind like snow. It didn't bother me at all."

Rand -

"Calling me boy? I no longer mind, though it does feel odd. I was four hundred years old on the day I died during the Age of Legends. I suspect that would make you my junior by several decades at the least. I show you respect. Perhaps it would be appropriate for you to return it. If you wish, you may call me Rand Sedai. I am, so far as I know, the only male Aes Sedai still alive who was properly raised but who never turned to the Shadow."

Archived