A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Typo/Errata Thread

Luckers

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US HC: 833 --> "...wolf image retuned immediately..."

783 --> "I hope so," Mat said." (extra " after sentence)

There were a couple of the extra quotations spread throughout the book, so keep a wary eye out for those, eh?

Edited by sdelu

• Pg 247 - "...or maybe because she had been forced act like his lover."
  • Pg 247 - "...rougher than the ones which have buffeted me..." - 'which' should be changed to 'that'
  • Pg 253 - "...lined in carefully placed river stones." - 'in' should probably be 'with'
  • Pg 256 - "...would be we be able to work..."
  • Pg 269 - "Aes Sedai had Healed him as best he could" - 'he' should be 'they'
  • Pg 300 - "She couldn't very well walk about without a stitch."
  • Pg 343 - "...wishing the fire were a little less warm" - should be 'was'
  • Pg 355 - "Brigitte reluctantly passed by the inviting scents of food and instead pushing her way out into the cold summer storm."
  • Pg 359 - "...life of my love..." - love of my life???
  • Pg 392 - wolfbrother is usually capitalized
  • Pg 496 - "the cavalry had already been sent to another of his group of defenders" (groups)
  • Pg 497 - "the smoke here was much less thick" - awkward phrasing
  • Pg 500 - "onto the killing field outside and the beyond"
  • Pg 515 - "working for straight through the nights"
  • Pg 609 - "How many was the Shadow going to take from him..." - should be 'were'
  • Pg 625 - "They galloped their horses to the of camp"
  • Pg 759 - "though there was some heavy cavalry" - should be 'were'
  • Pg 777 - "The land beyond this gateway more rugged than southern Andor"
  • Pg 795 - "The Eelfinn eyes shone..."

Edited by angelsfan

UK Edition, page 597

"She wove Earth, Spirit and Air into a Healing.."

Aes Sedai healing is Water, Spirit and Air. Given Egwene's lack of Talent for healing, she shouldn't be using Earth.

Also, how did Tam leave the camp (presumably with Nynaeve) when there was a dreamspike over it??? I was so confused about this.

Edited by mattyh

UK Edition, page 597

"She wove Earth, Spirit and Air into a Healing.."

Aes Sedai healing is Water, Spirit and Air. Given Egwene's lack of Talent for healing, she shouldn't be using Earth.

Also, how did Tam leave the camp (presumably with Nynaeve) when there was a dreamspike over it??? I was so confused about this.

At that stage, Slayer is still experimenting. This is the period when Grady says for a while we couldn't make Gates but we can again.

Yeah I noticed all these typo's myself, makes you wonder what happenned with the Editor and Proof reader.

I must admit I was confused about the timeline jumping back and forth as well, very confusing, it was all over the place. Probably why some folk are now theorizing that Nakomi is Verin as the timeline is screwed up so bad.

The plot is still amazing so much work for the Light still to do and apparently by end of book all Hell is going to break loose the next day.

But all these errors are confusing the clues and the foreshadowing technique is some of them deliberate or was the Editor on her holiday when the draft was aproved for print? RJ wouldn't have made as many mistakes, Iv never noticed any previously tbh.

As for the timeline confusion it's a shame they couldn't have a sub heading stating "3 days previously" or "present day" etc

I was just in the middle of my second read through and thought this myself. Who in the light edited this book. tGS was really well done with a few mistakes but nothing as big as whats in ToM. I guess the editor is looking for a new job? At least we can hope

US edition: Page 533

The viewpoint seems to switch from Faile to Perrin briefly, then back to Faile in this chapter.

The chapter follows Faile as she prepares for Perrin's trial. Perrin and Faile exchange words, and that's when the viewpoint shifts, or Faile can read Perrin's mind.

"He suddenly remembered his vision from the wolf dream. Sheep running in front of wolves. He'd thought himself one of the wolves. But could he have been wrong?

"Light! He had been wrong about that. He knew what it meant, now."

And then they talk more, and the viewpoint returns to Faile.

I noticed this as well and believe this is a gross mistake. How has nobody noticed this prior to the book's release?

Also, Ituralde mentions "Deathgates" when Rand appears to save the day. How did he know of that word?

:ohmy: ARRRG! I downloaded the audiobook, since I usually wait until the paperback is out (to match the rest of my collection) so I don't see the typos on the page, but I just discovered a very frustrating glitch in the audio version of chapter 24: there is a chunk missing!!! The part where Perrin is talking to Hopper after chasing the wolves, it skips ahead to the very end of a fight with Slayer, and I can't even tell how much is missing!!! I will go to the appropriate spoiler thread for this part of the book to ask this question: WHAT HAPPENED OMG??!! I might need to run to a book store just to read those few pages, if I can find a copy. Edited by al Corey

Guest deladiendel

p639 "We'll work it out," Galad said. "You let me protect you, Egwene, and I'll obey you in anything else. I promise it."

It should be Gawyn speaking not Galad.

-edit, just notice it was already posted here... lol

Edited by deladiendel

Here's something that confuses me. The Black Ajah, Siuan, Leane and Nynaeve were all using copies of the dream ter'angreal--i.e. ones that only allow you to channel a minute trickle. So how were they throwing around blasts like they were in the Dream Battle?

Here's something that confuses me. The Black Ajah, Siuan, Leane and Nynaeve were all using copies of the dream ter'angreal--i.e. ones that only allow you to channel a minute trickle. So how were they throwing around blasts like they were in the Dream Battle?

Since nearly everyone was using copies Elayne had made, they were mostly on an equal footing. Another point is that they weren't using weaves that directly relied on relative strength (i.e. trying to shield the black sisters), so T'A'R helped augment the intended effects.

Be that as it may, the channeling going on there did seem a bit over the top.

-- dwn