DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers Of Midnight - Buy it

Magicana

Not sure where else to put this, but...

Just got a surprise package in the mail from my brother...

SIGNED COPY #1313 OF THE 13TH BOOK OF THE WHEEL OF TIME!

He hasn't even followed the series for 10 years and I hardly talk to him about WOT but he even remembered to get it signed to Random Man...to quote Bill Engvall, "Now, THAT'S AWESOME!"

Finished it in just under 6 hours, 138 pages per hour.

Did you actualy take anything in??

thats 2.3 pages EVERY MINUTE.

Sorry, but thats impossible, i don't belive you.

it took me approx 11-12 hours, and that was with near enough no breaks, reading as damn fast as i could....it's like the longest wheel of time book, i just don't belive it.

If that was to be possible, you'd have to be superhuman....and not to miss out all the little tidbits of information like character expressions and thoughts....if what you say is true you must have been reading solely for spoilers only....just...damn.

Amazon says it's delivered, but I still have 4 hours left of college. AAARGGH

I was going to go the Amazon route to (only £12!) but I saw it going for just £1 more at a local book shop. Which is VERY good for books at the high street. (Most books shop are providing a discount but it's usually a fiver off the RRP(£20), i.e. £15.00 with discount, total.) So at 12.99 I was happy.

Unfortunately I've got a couple of library books to get through first. (I know I could put them aside, but I figured, I only have them for a limited period while I'll have Towers of Midnight for the rest of my life. Probably.) I don't mind too much as they're not a bad read and it's something to look forward too. Unfortunately the current book I'm reading is rather long and it's starting to drag a bit. It's a book of short stories by Rudyard Kipling, and while some stories are rather good, I think I might end up putting it aside for a bit after all....)

Incidentally the covers for the UK hardback books are rather boring! They're actually nice as a design but they're ALL the same, just different colours! I actually got into WoT relatively late and bought most of the books in paperback form second hand. All those ones appear to be the full colour pictures. I'm wondering if I actually got the American editions there! (I'll check.) Still I'm not to bothered. It's the contents that matter.

Finished it in just under 6 hours, 138 pages per hour.

Did you actualy take anything in??

thats 2.3 pages EVERY MINUTE.

Sorry, but thats impossible, i don't belive you.

it took me approx 11-12 hours, and that was with near enough no breaks, reading as damn fast as i could....it's like the longest wheel of time book, i just don't belive it.

If that was to be possible, you'd have to be superhuman....and not to miss out all the little tidbits of information like character expressions and thoughts....if what you say is true you must have been reading solely for spoilers only....just...damn.

Superhuman is Howard Berg at 80-90 pages a minute. Frankly I don't care whether you think I can do it or not. I read it for enjoyment, as I have the past several books.

Archived