DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers Of Midnight - Buy it

Magicana

Finished it in just under 6 hours, 138 pages per hour.

how the...

My wife can do this...and I can to a certain extent with the right kind of book. However with books that are vividly descriptive (which any good fantasy book should be)I like to take my time to really digest what is written rather than speeding through content to simply see what happens, which to me is akin to spending a few hours climbing a mountain and only spending five minutes enjoying the view at the peak before heading back down again.

Finished it in just under 6 hours, 138 pages per hour.

how the...

I love reading, and I honestly couldn't put this one down. I've always been a fast reader, basically what slows down a lot of people in their reading is that they tend to sound out each word as they read, which ultimately slows it down. I've never had to do that :)

Only 18 chapters in. Got to read for a few hours last night, but kept getting interupted by minor stuff at home every time I got into a rhythm. I made myself go back and read whatever I got interupted reading through so it all flowed properly to me

Read on one review that Mat missed his calling as a scribe (Re: Chapter 11) and I have to agree :biggrin:

Only 18 chapters in. Got to read for a few hours last night, but kept getting interupted by minor stuff at home every time I got into a rhythm. I made myself go back and read whatever I got interupted reading through so it all flowed properly to me

Read on one review that Mat missed his calling as a scribe (Re: Chapter 11) and I have to agree :biggrin:

Was one of the best things I have ever read.

I have never laughed so hard at a piece of literature in my life. i literally fell out of my chair reading that bit. :biggrin:

I kept thinking 'I can't believe there's still this much more book left!'

It's frantic. I can't imagine how AMoL will be any different, either.

It took me longer to read than I anticipated. 6 hours is pretty remarkable, especially if you're able to remember most of what happened, which I certainly can't right now.

Let's tone down the spoiler-box related chat. It was hilarious, but this board should remain completely spoiler free, so let's refrain from describing that scene here.

especially if you're able to remember most of what happened, which I certainly can't right now.

You forget, I competed in a memory game or two with you before. I don't believe that for a moment.

Let's tone down the spoiler-box related chat. It was hilarious, but this board should remain completely spoiler free, so let's refrain from describing that scene here.

especially if you're able to remember most of what happened, which I certainly can't right now.

You forget, I competed in a memory game or two with you before. I don't believe that for a moment.

I'm being completely honest. Perhaps that in itself is a spoiler :laugh:

Actually, that game was well after I got over my initial 'just read a new WoT book' fever reaction from TGS. It seems analogous to the 'power acquisition' fever, each reaction being more pronounced than the last. ToM is certainly following that trend, and by extension I'm assuming reading AMoL will give me instantaneous uncontrollable shakes.

I've still got an unsolved 'stump the board' question up if people can think coherently by the way... :rolleyes:

I've still got an unsolved 'stump the board' question up if people can think coherently by the way... :rolleyes:

I'd go look, but unless I felt it was my duty to prowl these boards looking for spoilers you guys wouldn't have heard from me at all this week. I'm taking my time with ToM...

Finished. Read through the first 300 or so pages quite quickly. The next 300 or so were dull and slowed down a bit. Skimmed some of the duller sections with the stupider characters. Last 300 or so pages were good again.

The pacing of the Sanderson novels is much, much better than the Jordan novels. I think, however, there are just so many plot lines to tie up that it does get a bit overwhelming at how much is going on (at least in the first 300 and the last 300 pages).

Archived