Boy, this thread has drifted well off topic.... back to the seals and what we know:
1) The seals, even though they are heartstone can be changed and broken by the Dark One.
They will change by the Dark One focusing on them. Whether this is by the TP or not is yet to be determined.
Moiraine can scrape a flake off one, hence showing its changed state
After a seal is broken, Lan tested one by stabbing it with a dagger. The dagger broke and Lan mentioned that it was the "Best steel from Tear" hinting that the Cuendillar was back to its original state after the seal was broken (the books don't say if the seals are Cuendillar again, but no one has dropped them in a stream of balefire either)
2) The seals were only the focus for the patch on the bore. Whether the patch is somehow weaved into the Pattern or not is yet to be seen.
3) Because the weaves to seal the bore had to touch the Dark One, either by his touch or a counter attack tainted Saidin and drove what was left of the hundred companions instantly insane and caused the rest of the male Aes Sedai to gradually go insane as well.
As to the bore since they are what the seals are covering:
1) The bore was enlarging during the age of legends, which is why Lews Therin believed the plan to "wall off" the areas under the shadow was folly.
2) For the Dragon to seal the Dark One back up into his prison, Min and the scholar believed they had to "clear the rubble". Min and Cadsuane thought that Herid Fel was referring to breaking the seals to clear the work Lews Therin did. (I believe he is also referring to clearing away the bore as well, since that is what allowed the Dark One access to the world in the first place).
3) Herid Fel believed the prison had to be made whole again for when the third age returned.
Sealing up the Dark One (theory):
1) Touching the Dark One with the power will unleash the backblast. The male Aes Sedai already suffered this during the age of legends, so using the females to help might be out of the question. Saidin was cleansed at the Eye of the World using both male and female Aes Sedai, but it killed them doing it. So I feel this is not a realistic option.
2) True Power. This has been suggested, but I feel this assumption is flawed. Using the Dark One to seal up the dark one would be like using acid to seal up acid in a flask. TP might be useful to Rand yet, but is wrought with danger.
3) Ta'veren. This is what I believe is what will work. Rand can already bend the pattern to his will. It has been stated that Mat and Perrin can change events by just being there and Min's viewings show the three of them together can hold the Dark One at bay. Rand's ability I think will be multiplied with both Mat and Perrin next to him and he can reweave the Pattern by his will. He can, in sense, reweave the Pattern so the Bore is no more and the prison is whole and complete. This is why (along with everything else Mat and Perrin do) that the "tripod" is so essential. Rand can use their Ta'veren ability to magnify his own and reweave reality.
Anyway, my theory on what will need to be done to reseal the prison.