DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OOC remarks in RPs

Elgee

I'm pretty sure there's something written up somewhere that discourages the (over)use of OOC remarks in actual RPs, but I don't have the time now to find it.

Anyway, I don't know how others feel about it, but I don't like it. You get all caught up in reading the story, and then that pops up and breaks the spell for me.

Obviously sometimes it's going to be the best thing to do, but where possible, contact the person(s) via some other medium, like PM or IM or email. If leaving an OOC remark is the best option, then please remove them once they've served their purpose.

Thankees

Elgee

I can't recall who all has been doing this, hon - if I'd spotted just one or two specific people doing it, I'd have PMed those people.

And this is not some kind of rule - just something I would LIKE to see less of. :wink:

I've seen people use both Kat that was weird for me. Personally if your RPing with me and need to use one I like it before because then i'm aware of whatever you need to tell me. But if we want to get offical well Elgee can put her foot down *ggls*

Elgee I'll keep this in mind. :)

I would say, with some diffidence, that attempting to mandate such an edict would be draconian; it would seem petty and dictatorial. Requesting that people, however, be more sparing with them, seems completely reasonable and respectful.

Just my two cents on the matter. :happy:

*twaps the ElRaesheta upside the head*

I'm sorry if the OOC is bothering you, but that is why it exists and I'll keep using it when I need it, sorry. You can train yourself to skip over it, as most people put it in a clearly seperate section from the actual RP post. Threat it like a chapter title that you don't really read but skim over.